• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Masters

I don't necessarily disagree with that statement, but I feel that you aren't giving Tiger the credit he deserves. If not the best ever, Tiger is most certainly 2nd best of all-time, behind only Jack.
True!

However, coming from a Cowboys fan, how can one ever trust a statement about talent evaluation?;)

ETA: I think 80% of the people are not able to understand the talent Jack had because they just look at today's accomplishments which are horrendously skewed by the equipment.

Think about what would happen to records if the hoop in the NBA became three feet in diameter. Or if the football field became 5o0yards long instead of 100. Or if the baseball was magnetically attracted to the bat and the fences were 120 feet away instead of 300.

Golf equipment has evolved because there is money in it. Most amateurs buy that new $600 driver every two years, and play a ball that can do unheard of things 50 years ago.

Last edited:
I always love these who is the GOAT arguments. There are just too many factors I dont think its even right to try and compare one player from one era to another.

I think the best golfer of all time is one of the original Scotts who created the game way back when. First he had to help invent the game, plus he had to hunt for a stick bent enough to get a good swing on a pebble.. Oh yeah dont forget about the pebble they used to hit. There were no ProV1 pebbles out there. Oh and the sheep? If he wasn't busy f*cking one of them at the turn he had to worry about them blocking his shot. Jack and Tiger aint got shit on those guys. hahaha

I think their both amazing, but every sport changes so much from one generation to another. Its impossible to compare and you cant use numbers like how many majors, what equipment was used etc because thats only a couple of items in a laundry list of factors that change over time.

Oh yeah but I think Tiger is the best!!!

I always love these who is the GOAT arguments. There are just too many factors I dont think its even right to try and compare one player from one era to another.

I think the best golfer of all time is one of the original Scotts who created the game way back when. First he had to help invent the game, plus he had to hunt for a stick bent enough to get a good swing on a pebble.. Oh yeah dont forget about the pebble they used to hit. There were no ProV1 pebbles out there. Oh and the sheep? If he wasn't busy f*cking one of them at the turn he had to worry about them blocking his shot. Jack and Tiger aint got shit on those guys. hahaha

I think their both amazing, but every sport changes so much from one generation to another. Its impossible to compare and you cant use numbers like how many majors, what equipment was used etc because thats only a couple of items in a laundry list of factors that change over time.

Oh yeah but I think Tiger is the best!!!
Good points! Except about Tiger being the best.;)
And those dudes probably played drunk!

Even in the more modern era just prior to Jack, Bobby Jones may very well be the best ever but he chose not to turn pro so his accomplishments are not known.

In golf, the equipment changes. High school players play by the same rules the pros do.

In all other professional sports the rules change. Now, every step of progression from teenagers to pros, play by more and more bastardized rules.

Cameron Smith looks like he lives in a trailer. :cool:

I've never seen tiger struggle this bad with the putter.

It was awesome to see tiger laugh and make fun of himself rather than be upset!

I missed the drama.

Tiger had a noticeable limp today, when I watched him through the 14th. Missed his last 4 holes.
Tiger hit the ball better today than he did the previous two days but his putting killed him. He had five three putts and a four putt.

Sheffler pulled his drive into the trees on 18 and it took them 10 minutes to figure out what his legal play was. He hit an amazing shot just left of the pin which rolled off the back of the green.

I thought it’s still being aired free all weekend on masters.com? From my understanding they make it a point to always offer a free option to watch.

My buddy went a couple of years back and they also make almost no money off of food/drinks sold at the event. He said he bought 2 beers and 2 sandwiches and it was like $11 total.
Wow... just 28 years ago, took my Dad to DC for the FIFA World Cup and 2 sodas and 2 fries set me back in the neighborhood of 35 bucks!
Anyhoo, was lurking as a newbie trying to find any Masters' pool for this year from the members in the site. It was a tradition on the old Cigar Family before it was shuttered by the owners (Drew Newman) for staying too busy "breaking out fights between old men", as quoted in Cigar Aficionado