• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Measure of a Man. INTHERF After Action Report.

Spad31

Previously, on Battlestar Galactica...
All,
 Very quick background:

I rejoin Cigar Pass. Am welcomed back. See a thread where a distant member asked for help. Immediate knee-jerk response is to treat him as scum/scammer/newbie, etc.. The personal name calling was completely shit-headed. You know who you are. You should be ashamed!

I respond to a pipe thread, asking a question; intrigued.

Get an answer from said member, and we begin to talk. He gifts me with some stuff to get started in pipes.

I share some very private issues online with the forum. Privately, he shares similar internal pain and healing.

Suddenly, I'm granted his wish. The response was overwhelming, both from him and our other Brothers here.

What began as a fun, online CP friendship turned into nightly video Skypes, emails, phone calls...needless to say, we clicked.

Fast forward to last week:

Goofingly (sort of) joking about getting the families together to HERF and meet...thinking mid-Mayish. Laugh, joke about it and call it a night.

~0200 I get a hair up there, call him back and let him know I'll be arriving Tuesday...come get my tourist ass!

Tickets, hotel, plans...made and done at the drop of a hat, spur of the moment.

I'm picked up, taken to LCdH first, then his house, shown Montreal, Blatter & Blatter pipe makers...

Family surprises me with trip to Quebec, to the heart of the old city, on the St. Lawrence, in front of the Castle...in-laws, Cuban coffee, their Bistro...

There just aren't enough words, so, to Gianni, your lovely wife and gorgeous quad-lingual son: You made this Texas boy truly appreciate good hospitality and generosity and what it mean to be a Brother of the Leaf.

Thank you simply doesn't do your heart and actions justice. You're family and our house is always open for you, anytime, day or night. This is your home as well.

-Trey

DSCN1738.jpg

DSCN1735.jpg

DSCN1740.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

The drive home from the airport

IMG_0737.jpg

The damage report!

We are blessed to have Gianni among us!

Thank you, My Brother and Friend!!!

-Trey

Really great pictures and sounds like you had a blast.  Good stuff all around.

Wow great stuff Trey and Gianni. Its good to know everyone is like family here. Glad I'm a member!

Rooke said:
Wow great stuff Trey and Gianni. Its good to know everyone is like family here. Glad I'm a member!
Yep! Stay and read and learn and share. We look out for our own and you just won't find a better group of Brothers.

-Trey

Spad31 said:
All,
 Very quick background:

I rejoin Cigar Pass. Am welcomed back. See a thread where a distant member asked for help. Immediate knee-jerk response is to treat him as scum/scammer/newbie, etc.. The personal name calling was completely shit-headed. You know who you are. You should be ashamed!

If it's worth you mentioning as your beginning of the story, let's just get it out in the open.

bfreebern said:

All,
 Very quick background:

If it's worth you mentioning as your beginning of the story, let's just get it out in the open.

Wasn't you, my friend. You had your part, but had no problem coming back and owning a little misjudgement. My point in that beginning wasn't so much the who, (certainly not enough to name publicly...the thread can be reread by all), but rather my personal commentary on (maybe?) some too-quick habits we have? Just food for thought for the next time...the larger point is just an example of the great family we have here and how you never know where CP will take you!

Regardless, the health and well being of the fellowship here wasn't in question. You, along with the rest of the Wise Ones do a great job of keeping the house clean. It is noticed, appreciated and learned from!

-Trey

Spad31 said:

All,
 Very quick background:

Wasn't you, my friend. You had your part, but had no problem coming back and owning a little misjudgement. My point in that beginning wasn't so much the who, (certainly not enough to name publicly...the thread can be reread by all), but rather my personal commentary on (maybe?) some too-quick habits we have? Just food for thought for the next time...the larger point is just an example of the great family we have here and how you never know where CP will take you!

Regardless, the health and well being of the fellowship here wasn't in question. You, along with the rest of the Wise Ones do a great job of keeping the house clean. It is noticed, appreciated and learned from!

-Trey

I'm glad you had a good time up north, but I agree with bfreebern.  A lousy way to start the thread.  If there's an issue that needs to be dealt with, don't be cute and coy about it....just spit it out.  Or if it's not a big enough deal to mention.....don't mention it.  JMHO.....

BlindedByScience said:

All,
 Very quick background:

-Trey

I'm glad you had a good time up north, but I agree with bfreebern.  A lousy way to start the thread.  If there's an issue that needs to be dealt with, don't be cute and coy about it....just spit it out.  Or if it's not a big enough deal to mention.....don't mention it.  JMHO.....

Noted. You both made fair points...haven't edited anything.

Lol... Still mighty cold looking up there....

Nice story, thanks for sharing.

jsm11 said:
Lol... Still mighty cold looking up there....

Nice story, thanks for sharing.

Heh...Gianni and his family were all: "Look! It's 4 degrees Celsius outside! Awesome weather!" Me: "I need my damned head examined. You people are nuts. What the hell are you only wearing a T-shirt for?"

:p

-Trey

Hey man!

Was a great pleasure to have you around, and show you what Quebec is all about! Good food, good people, good cigars!

And 4 degrees celcius is GREAT weather!

You're welcome anytime brother! Mi casa es su casa....

Gianni

I blame  jetlag! That 2 hour flight from Atlanta is a rough one! I was forced to have TWO ginger-ales to recover!