• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The most recognizable pro sports team in the world?

Lee_Ro_Mo

So I'm hanging out with some buddies from Houston the other day talking sports and what not and I throw out this statement, "the Dallas Cowboys are probably the most recognized team in the world." Since Houstonites notoriously hate Dallas and all that implies, you can imagine the backlash I got from that statement. (it was actually the rum and coke doing the talking). Anyways, they threw out teams like the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls and Yankees. I'll concede the Yankees. But I think Dallas is right there with them, if not a close second.

That's most recognizable, not most liked.

What do ya'll think?

If you're going world, it's probably Yanks, Manchester United, or Real Madrid. Don't forget, no one cares about "football" outside of the US. They're all about "futbol."

Those are the most recognized teams in America. The largest, and most widely recognized sportd team in the world is Manchester United Football Club. Soccer to us yanks.

^^^he beat me to it.

I meant and should have said U.S. teams only, I kind of conceded that soccer prevails in other parts of the world.

If I remember correctly, Man U and the Yankees merged corporations a couple years ago. That's why they show Man U matches on the YES network sometimes.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it just might be Penske Racing. Motorsports that do more then turn left are very popular in the rest of the world.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it just might be Penske Racing. Motorsports that do more then turn left are very popular in the rest of the world.

I never thought about that. Good point.

I hate to say it, but it has to be the New York Stankees. I landed in Dallas today and passed Texas Stadium on the way to my hotel. I have to say it looks better on TV.

If I remember correctly, Man U and the Yankees merged corporations a couple years ago. That's why they show Man U matches on the YES network sometimes.

Actually, YES just signed a little business agreement with them and they get the rights to their games. Nothing a whole lot more than that.

The owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Malcolm Glazer, is actually the controlling owner of Man U. And boy, are the Brits pissed off about that. Funny thing is, they're publically traded, so he just went in and bought up the shares until he had to make an offer. Evidently, it was the same Brits complaining who were selling thier shares to the American.

I hate to say it, but it has to be the New York Stankees. I landed in Dallas today and passed Texas Stadium on the way to my hotel. I have to say it looks better on TV.

Texas Stadium is pretty much a dump. Can't wait for the new one though. Knowing Jerry, it will probably have a roller coaster in it.

Ain't that the truth...it's in the middle of nowhere!

The most popular team in the world would have to come from the most popular sport in the world, one would think.

So like the others, it would be Real Madrid....Futbol.

I would have to say it would be the Yankees only because they have been around so long.

Thats easy. Orange and Blue for life...

For your enjoyment, the best run ever by a QB..
spin1.jpg

johnelway125.jpg