• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Newbie Review: CAO Mx3

bootown

Welcome to my first cigar review. Today I decided to smoke a CAO Mx3, Since I am still new to the whole cigar thing you can take this review for what it is, a newbie’s take on a cigar. Want to thank SPIVY for the group buy where I got these.

CAO Mx3 Escaparate Torpedo

Length: 6 1/4"
Ring Gauge: 54

Off The Hop
The Mx3 is well constructed, it is firm and the wrapper has small veins and is a nice dark brown with lighter brown running though it. It cut clean and with a test draw had a very nice draw. There was a bit of a coco taste on the test draw. The foot lit up nicely and after a few small puffs and a nice draw there was a rush of coco and oak flavors with a hint of cherry and nuts.

The First 1/4
The first 1/4 of the cigar is very smooth and has a lot of coco and cream with hints of cherry and oak. The cherry seemed to slowly go away to make room for stronger coco flavors. The burn started to pick up on one side and it started to burn lopsided.

The Secound 2/4
The coco flavor is still strong and the oak flavors have given way to more nutty flavors. The burn is still allover the place but the ash is hanging on well and very firm. The cigar overall is getting a lot stronger.

The Third 3/4
Now the taste has changed more into the smooth creamy dark coco and nuts, a bit of spice is showing up the nutty taste is now gone completely. The burn is starting to level out again now the ash has fallen allover me.

The Fourth 4/4
The finish on this cigar goes straight to very strong spice and coco, It leaves a nice after taste that lingers for a good while.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post or PM me, All feedback would be fantastic!
Till next time.
-Bootown

gallery_9603_1178_10076.jpg

gallery_9603_1178_389556.jpg

gallery_9603_1178_64192.jpg

Nice review. I'm going to have to pick me up one of those to try. Thanks.

Nice first review Bootown. Glad you enjoyed this cigar, I really enjoyed the Mx2 when it came out. IMO this cigar does not look appealing to the eyes.

Not sure why the cap looked alot better in person then what the camara shows lol guess my sight must be going :eek:

Funny, my Robusto size MX3 had the same burn issues. Only thing I got out of it was a burnt coffee smell taste throughout...but I like the smell of burnt coffee (I don't drink it, love the smell, can't stand the taste) so it was good.

Great review! I tasted all of those things too but can't express them in words.

Thanks for the review. I agree with the above comment about not looking too good, maybe it was a bad picture. Either way, I hope to get to try one of these sometime.

Nice first Review, I really ejjoyed the MX3 myself.

These were a nice pick up when Ed did the group buy. I wish I had bought more than the 5 I did. Also yes they are only available through Drapers in D.C., so Andy next time you go "downtown" let me know I can't get my own brother to get there to get me more. :(

Thanks for the review. I'm still a newb and don't have the courage to post a review yet, but you did a great job. I haven't tried any CAO's yet, but the Mx2s and the Cx2s both have my attention. I may go hit the local B&M and pick some up this weekend.

I am not so sure they have them anymore. But I could be wrong, last time I went to drapers they were all out. I was lucky enough to pick up 10 of them and now down to 4. I think its a great smoke. Thanks for the review! :thumbs:

David