• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Official Midwest Pass

Gonz

Ultra Runner
Reaction score
Here it is. The Midwest Pass.

This pass will be open to CPers from the Midwest, which will be up to individual interpretation of what the midwest really is.

Individuals interested in participating in this pass please indicate such on this thread, as well as sending me a pm. In the PM please include your CP name, real name, address, email, phone, social security number, any major credit card and your mother's maiden name. (Just kidding about those last three)

You need not have pass experience, although preferred, and if lacking pass experience perhaps a couple of trades that you've done, or something else that would give you credibility.

This is not a "Super-ultra-premium" pass. This pass will start out with mostly medium quality cigars, a few nicer sticks, or hard-to-find items. It should be within the realm of all of us. I will list a partial beginning line-up at the bottom of this.

Similar to the recently completed "Working Man's Pass" in it's goal, I would like to use this as an opportunity to get to know some more folks here, and for some of the newer newbies to get in on a pass. I'm one of those people.

As far as other rules go:

** Please use your head while packing and assessing the condition of the box. Feel free to replace it as necessary. Feel free to add comments in this thread if there are problems with the box/packing.

** Please be honest about your puts/takes, and equality. There is a great pinned thread regarding how you should approach puts/takes. I don't think we need to worry about replacing (for example) Robusto for Robusto, Pyrimide for Pyrimide etc., however please only replace isoms with isoms (that won't come up much) and equal value for value otherwise. Quantity does not make up for quality!

** Please take at least one of the original cigars from the pass, or more. I like all of my cigars, including the ones I'm sending out. I don't mind getting a few back, however I'd like to get some others instead, for the sake of variety in my humi.

** Please send the box priority mail (to reduce the time on the road) with Delivery Confirmation and Insurance. Then post the details on the thread for the next person to see.

** Please inventory the box upon delivery, and post your findings. Even when good, it's nice to get a pat on the back every now and then.

** Have fun, take pictures, enjoy your new smokes, and let's get this thing rolling.

Which brings up the timeframe. Time is of the essence. I would like to send this out by Friday the 24th. I leave on Monday (the 27th) for a canoeing trip up north, and will be gone until July 2nd. I will also be out of town for a couple days in July, around the 20th I believe.

I would like to get this pass up to at least 10 people, maybe no more than 15.

Here is what I have set aside for this pass so far:

Perdoma Reserve Cameroon X
CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon
La Escepcion Series IV
Gurkha Legend Torp
Don Lino Africa
Mayorga Toro
Mayorga Robusto
Flor de Allones #5
K. Hansotia Signature 101
La Perla Habana Black Pearl
Carlos Torano Torp
A big-ass Punch that I can't recall the name
Flor de Oliva Torpedo
Fuente Hemi Nat
CAO Palms Super Bowl Coffin
ERDM (isom)
Vegas Robaina (isom)

And I've got a few c-bid orders about to come in as well.

Quite possibly, since Matty Vegas was interested, so perhaps while it's down there...

I am in if you will have me. I believe Indiana is the midwest.

If it is not; it should be. ;)

I would like to get in on this.

NoDak isn't considered midwest, but close enuff if you will have me.

Thanks
Savage112

Hello? Is this thing on? Where is everyone else from or near the midwest?

We've only got two interested so far!

ok ...read the participate in pass thing.

got an idea how it works

if i get in im gonna have it sent to the shop i work at
i live in an apartment and dont wanna risk missing it

adresss and info in profile

I'm getting concerned that folks are seeing midwest and moving on.

Just to clarify, as mentioned in the initial post, "midwest" is really being considered a very vague and broad term for the purpose of defining who, geographically, can participate in this pass.

I'll probably send this out either way, but it would be more fun if there were more than 4 of us involved!

Let's put it this way, it's almost so vague as to say if you don't border an ocean, you may be considered midwest!

mhortsch said:
Looks very appealing and I think I'd like to join.

But I don't know, is MN midwest or Canada?
[snapback]193956[/snapback]​

Depends on the time of year. As you know, MN is really Canada from Sept. through May. Then June, July and August it's hot, muggy and buggy!

If we can get any other MN members in on this, perhaps we could meet up for Puts/takes, and of course conversation and smokes!

Gonz, I am already in a couple different pass's plus have alot of other things going on.

Thanks for the PM. I will have pass on this one. That line up sure looks good though :whistling:

Must resist ???

Richard

I'd love to join, if you would have me. I'm heading out of town for work for a couple of weeks starting the 20th

Gonz said:
I'm getting concerned that folks are seeing midwest and moving on.

Just to clarify, as mentioned in the initial post, "midwest" is really being considered a very vague and broad term for the purpose of defining who, geographically, can participate in this pass.

I'll probably send this out either way, but it would be more fun if there were more than 4 of us involved!

Let's put it this way, it's almost so vague as to say if you don't border an ocean, you may be considered midwest!
[snapback]193935[/snapback]​
Damn.... thought I was "in" until you mentioned that border an ocean thing..... j/k

Good luck with the pass

Where's all the KC and other MO people? I will join if there is room, PM on the way.

Okay, Okay, Okay.... You suckered me... errrr I'm in!!! :thumbs:

Now - you should add AlexGTP and GTPHale so we can do a herf when the box arrives!!! We always need an excuse... :laugh:

PM Sent!

Here's a list of the participants so far. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm hoping to get this out the door by Friday the 24th. And as long as the various postal and shipping agencies cooperate, I should have some more cigars for inclusion coming before then.

In no particular order:

Inflatus
Savage112
OutlawD
mhortsch
indyrob
Swifty
Golfgar
mmettin
bfreebern
ggiese