• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The older she gets the more she hates my cigars

My wife blessed me with permission to build a smoking room in our new house we built a few years ago, with a 500 cfm exhaust with heat exchange and a fresh air inlet.....also a walk in humidor. Like John says, the key is keeping cloth to a minimum and emptying out the ashtrays when done. This has turned into my office which is great to be able to sit with a cigar and listen to conference calls. Hepa filters can do OK, but it seemed in my old house they never worked as well for me.

The best I have used are from Rabbit air. They can be found "reasonably priced" on amazon, the key is replacing the filters and that adds up.

Also add in an ozone generator on a timer to run when you are out of the room and it will clear it out nicely.....just make sure you aren't in the room when you run it.

Hi Everyone

Luckily its still summer in Wisconsin and I can still smoke outside. But they are predicting a cold winter and I need to make my smoking room a little better. My wife of 59 seems to hate my wonderful cigar smoke more and more each day. She never used to complain much, but I think I either invest in a good home smoke eater/ odor killer or I will have to freeze my buns in the garage this winter. Anyone have any experience with these? I am going to do some research, but any advice would be welcome.
Get an air purifier, she won't even know you are smoking :) make sure it has both a hepa and carbon filter. the hepa will remove the smoke and the carbon will remove the smell