• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The parents brought me home fakes

I never understood the need to keep a good looking fake and smoke it anyway. I toss it in the trash on principle... and smoke something I know I like.

It is the thought that counts... but I would still tell them they are fakes. If I were in your parents' shoes, I'd want you to tell me and I wouldn't feel bad or feel like a moron... I'd rather have that than to have my own son lie to me because he felt like he couldn't be straight with me.

Who knows, maybe they'll feel bad and buy you a box of Tats. :rolleyes:

The chairmen of my department brought me back a fiver. They only had the limited edition band on them. He said he bought them on the beach in Cabo San Lucas.

They smelled terrible. I didn't have the guts to smoke one.

Mike

LMFAO @ Happy Gilmore quote and smoking pubes!!! I didn't detect a hint of pubes in the one stick I smoked/dissected, it wasn't event smokeable.

The chairmen of my department brought me back a fiver. They only had the limited edition band on them. He said he bought them on the beach in Cabo San Lucas.

Mike

These don't smell terrible, but they don't smell like a normal cigar (CC or NC). The more I am reading the replies, I am not sure now if I want to smoke one or not. Not that I would have smoked the whole thing anyways, just like the first inch, so I can see how bad they are...

ETA - After seeing the discussions about telling the parents, I have decided that I am going to tell them. Everyone is right, they should know that way they can be aware the next time they are in Mexico.

LMFAO @ Happy Gilmore quote and smoking pubes!!! I didn't detect a hint of pubes in the one stick I smoked/dissected, it wasn't event smokeable.

I think the old pubes in the cigar trick was one of the first things we did to get Castro out of power, when the pubes didn't work we upgraded to poison. To this day some rollers celebrate "Dia de los Pubicos". True Story...

Mike

These don't smell terrible, but they don't smell like a normal cigar (CC or NC). The more I am reading the replies, I am not sure now if I want to smoke one or not. Not that I would have smoked the whole thing anyways, just like the first inch, so I can see how bad they are...

ETA - After seeing the discussions about telling the parents, I have decided that I am going to tell them. Everyone is right, they should know that way they can be aware the next time they are in Mexico.

Let me save you the trouble of wanting to smoke one (after all, they DO say Cohiba on the band, right?!). I once ordered a box of the Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios. They arrived, and the box was suspect. Upon opening the box, they didn't smell like any CC or NC I have ever experienced. It wasn't absolutely revolting, but it was not appealing either. I dissected one, and the filler was a bunch of short, broken, brittle leaves. My brother asked to smoke one (after all, they DO say Cohiba on the band ???). He promptly threw up. Twice. And that was after just a few draws.

So, if you decide to smoke one, be sure to either light up outside, or have a bucket near by :laugh:

It could have been a pube, if it was I would hate to see the bush that it came from..... :0

I suppose it depends on how you feel about having some genuine fake glass top Cohibas. If you like the idea that would be a good way to let your parents off the hook so to speak.

I say age them for a year or two, then try them. You might enjoy the fragrance of a nicely aged pubes as opposed to fresh ones.

I had a buddy text me the other day with some "Cohibas" that his wife picked up for him. They were in the glass top box. I had to tell him that they were fake. I didn't want him to smoke one and then think that the real Cohiba's were crap. He thanked me for telling him.

Personally, I would of informed them on the possibility of them being fake. But then I would of said "I would hate for you to maybe get duped next trip, so maybe get me something cigar related like kewl ashtray cant go wrong with a kewl looking ashtray" then smile and give mom a hug. That should smooth the edges out.

I will be telling them this weekend. I haven't seen them since I created this thread.

It would be better for them to know the truth, and I am sure they will be happy that I told them...

I say age them for a year or two, then try them. You might enjoy the fragrance of a nicely aged pubes as opposed to fresh ones.

See as I quietly resist the urge to make the obvious joke about YOUR MOM and her fragrant, nicely aged pubes...

:sign:

Only kidding, my Brother...

:whistling:

Trey

*sigh* I desperately want to try a real CC, but it's stuff like this that makes me realize I have a lot to learn before I purchase some. From what I've seen described on this forum a lot of them fit my flavor profiles perfectly, while this thread was funny, it was also informative. ;)

Smoke them on the golf course or use them as a yard cigar. Who knows, it may not be too bad. Besides, as you said, it is the thought that counts.

Just returned from the Cabo area, and the glass top Cohibas are EVERYWHERE. For a limited edition, they sure did make a lot. :laugh: The prices I was offered ranged from $60 to $40 US. Cheapest were found in Todos Santos. I think he confused chuckling with desire.

*sigh* I desperately want to try a real CC, but it's stuff like this that makes me realize I have a lot to learn before I purchase some. From what I've seen described on this forum a lot of them fit my flavor profiles perfectly, while this thread was funny, it was also informative. ;)

Hmmmm........desperate after 2 weeks? :whistling:

2 weeks in CP time is like 2 years!

Eesh, been smoking for years, just moved on from casual to fanatical lately, cut me a little slack. :rolleyes: