• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Poker

J Lew

taste like chicken
I've had two high priced cigars that were pluged inside. One an Opus X that made me green I tried to nurse on. (hoping it would correct itself)
The Thompson's catalog has an item called the poker for $20. Does anyone have one? How good does it work? Are there other better methods for unplugging cigars? ( I've used the stick a long toothpick through it method) Seems that if the Poker saves 2 or 3 good sticks it pays for itself.
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Go to the nearest sewing shop and pick up a 20-22 gauge needle 2-4 inches long...There like .75 each...Also sometime you can sortta massage a plug uot, but it depends on the resilience of the wrapper...Cameroons will split in a heart beat.

Emo

Use the tooth picks or the needle as mentioned and use the 20 to by a couple of smokes! :D

damn that's a good idea, I never even thought of using a big sewing needle.... Cool.

I've got one and by coincidence I had to use it tonight on a '98 Punch Punch. Works like a charm. I ended up getting one of these because I had used the wooden skewers and half the time I would end up jamming the skewer right through the side of a cigar. :0

JLew check around the internet and at local shops for a cheaper price than Thompson's. I got mine for $12. It has paid for itself several times over!

A cheap alternative is those long steel pins you get with a turkey tie kit... they are long enough to assist in the unplugging of all but the longest of churchills and can be had for .75. I keep one on the porch where I smoke all the time now "Just in case" ;)

oh... And *snicker*

Jason said poke-her.

BAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

*cough*

:lookup:

I guess the only benefit of the poker is you dont go through the side. I'll just think about it.

hehehe Poke-her hee he he

I've got a "Draw Poker" as well. It works just fine. Luckily, I haven't had to use it many times, but it works well to open up a tight cigar. Saving ONE plugged Cohiba justifies the price. For the cost of ONE saved Cuban cigar....buying it was a "no brainer." No cracked wrapper by trying to massage out a plug. No emergency room visit to repair the hole in your hand from the knitting needle puncture either. $12....just do it!

Sam

That "Draw Poker" sounds like a neat little invention. Besides Thompson's Were else can i find this thing??? E-mail me if ya know!! Crash0473@aol.com :)