• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The price is always to do with the quality of cigars?

Would you like to play hearts or perhaps cribbage?

Smart advice! :thumbs:

Click on your user name in the upper right hand corner and click on the manage ignored users. Just add the name of the ignored party!
Thanks, Anthony. It doesn't make me feel smarter to admit I probably spent five minutes going through menu after menu looking for that......:p

Smart advice! :thumbs:

Click on your user name in the upper right hand corner and click on the manage ignored users. Just add the name of the ignored party!
Thanks, Anthony. It doesn't make me feel smarter to admit I probably spent five minutes going through menu after menu looking for that......:p

Oh, it took me a long time to find it too :laugh:

I don't know I think I'll watch him shill a little longer before I drop the ignore boot.

I think it's fun!

:laugh:

Wait, I am genuinely confused. Why does Andros keep posting my member stats?

That is not discriminatory is right, to this I mean that if it is:

Macion Grey

Hedonist

Group:
Members Posts:
1,098 Joined:
02-March 08 Gender:Male Location:Australia Posted Today, 04:21 AM

......... I know that might sound radical, but give it a shot.

Greetings

Is the fact that I am from Australia mean that I cannot correct people's usage of English. Is it because I am not from Britain? :D That's discriminatory against Australians that is.

Cor Blimey cobber! I thought we were true blue, fair dinkum mates.

You are nothin' but a flamin' drongo. I reckon I should chuck ya in the Chazzwozzer pit, crack open a can of piss and laugh my tits off.

You are nothin' but a flamin' drongo. I reckon I should chuck ya in the Chazzwozzer pit, crack open a can of piss and laugh my tits off.

Look, ma, an Aussie redneck! :D

I've heard some great things about cigars from La Palma.

I hope someday you can test-tasting friend.
A greeting

Espero que algun dia los puedas probar amigo.
Un saludo

Antonio

Andros -

The question was posed above by Jonathan because your English is a little rough. So allow me to help you a little.

Snuff is a ground or pulverized tobacco, which is generally inhaled or "snuffed" through the nose. It is a type of smokeless tobacco. If I understand you correctly, you are asking about Cigars. So when you use the term "snuff", we get confused.

Now, having said all that - let's move on to your question. If I understand you correctly, you'd like to know if there is direct correlation between price and quality.

There are many variables in the answer - and I do not know them all. However, I'll answer based on my limited knowledge.

The cheapest cigars are not handmade, but machine made. Most of these use "sandwich blends" or "mixed fillers" as opposed to "long fillers". This means sandwich and mixed cigars are made up of little pieces and trimmings inside. My experience has been that all those little pieces create more burning edges, which creates a hotter burn - which has a negative effect on the flavor. Long filler cigars have pieces of tobacco that go all the way from head to foot. These burn cooler, and more consistently.

There are certainly inexpensive long filler cigars, and many of these are also poor quality. The tobacco is often not cured and fermented properly, resulting in a poor quality leaf. These inexpensive cigars are often rolled by less experienced rollers, which often results in soft spots in the cigar or spots that are too tight - both of which can create a cigar that burns and/or draws poorly. More expensive cigars generally will be made my the most experienced rollers, using tobacco scrutinized with the highest levels of quality control - resulting in cigars that are consistently better.

Now - note that I used words like "generally" and "often", and not words like "always". This is because we are talking about a plant, and by nature each leaf is different. Therefore - no two cigars are ever exactly alike.

I have had some expensive cigars that I didn't like, and some cheap cigars that I absolutely adored. That, to me, is one of the things that makes this hobby so great; the quest.

Thank you very much for your response friend.
I hope you know excuse my English.

Antonio

Arguing with someone through an online translator, that's a new one to me.

Andros, I think you can quickly resolve this issue & endear yourself to many a respected member of this forum by sending a bundle of La Palmas to everyone who you think is being "discriminatory" towards you.

You should never argue with idiots because they will just drag you down to their level... Then beat you with experience!
wink.gif

You should never argue with idiots because they will just drag you down to their level... Then beat you with experience!
wink.gif

Well after 54 posts, it comes down to the truth :laugh:

Although, he isn't a classic idiot, I classify him more on the troll/pusher category of certain cigars who shall go nameless :whistling:

I gotta see what Google does with this rubbish, yall!

I gotta see what Google does with this rubbish, yall!

I don't think an online translator will help you, you may need a true interpreter...damn Aussies! :laugh: As the quote from Eurotrip the movie goes, "You guys are on a totally different level of swearing..."

Allow me, Bruce.

Oh dear friend! I thought we were honest and true companions.

You are nothing but a exasperating fool. I think I should throw you into the Bull Frog pit, open a beer and enjoy a hearty chuckle.

Allow me, Bruce.

Oh dear friend! I thought we were honest and true companions.

You are nothing but a exasperating fool. I think I should throw you into the Bull Frog pit, open a beer and enjoy a hearty chuckle.

You guys keep Bull Frogs in pits down there? ???