• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The sacrificed cigar

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
Reaction score
Yesterday I had given my manager a Puro Indios from a pack that I had bought off of Cbid. He thanked me of course and we went about our business. I know it wasn't that much of a gesture, but it's a free cigar and I happen to like the Puro Indios. Anyway...........this morning he asked me to go outside to the smoke hole with him while he smoked the cigar, I agreed. Well, we got outside and he proceeded to take the cigar out of his back pocket ??? Of course I had no idea that he had it in his back pocket or I would have asked him to at least carry it in his hand. Once he took the mis shaped cigar out of his back pocket, he takes the cellophane off and takes a nice long sniff. "Kinda smells like sh*t, huh"? He then tells me just last week he had a better smelling cigar from a Smoke Shop here and he paid $1.30 for the cigar. From this point on, I knew it wasn't going to be pretty :) So I take my seat on the bench and wait for the festivities to begin. By now I'm 99.9% sure that he probably doesn't have a cutter or even a lighter. I was correct. Being the country boy that he is, they never leave home w/out their pocket knives. I saw him pull his Crocodile Dundee knife out of his pocket and thought to myself that me might just snip the end off the cap. Man was I wrong. He takes the knife in one hand and the cigar in the other and like some kind of cult act, he cuts the cigar in half. Yep, now he has 2 cigars ;) Now that he has his cigar ready to light, he must search for a light. He finds one, of course a bic from the nice confused, disgusted lady sitting down a few seats. Being the cigar aficionado he is he knows that he needs to toast the end of the cigar, then light it. He must have forgotten that step b/c he went right into lighting it like a damn cigarette. Puff, Puff, looks at the end of the cigar, Puff Puff. "Why won't this thing stay lit"? He again puts the lighter to the end of the cigar and finally gets it going. Puffing on his freshly unwrapped, burnt tasting, sacrificed cigar........he leans over to me and says....."Man this sure is harsh when I enhale". LOL. I'd had enough and said I hadn't had enough coffee and went inside to escape my embarassment 1) for my manager and 2) for even giving him the cigar in the first place.

Anyway, it was a fun time and I've learned my lesson. :sign:

You got to get better cigars. Send all those nasty Puros to me so you don't embarrass yourself again. :0

Good story, I hope your gesture helps more than hurts.

You got to get better cigars. Send all those nasty Puros to me so you don't embarrass yourself again.

I couldn't pass up the offer Cbid had on the box of Colorados for $29.95. I like them early in the morning when driving to work, especially w/ the cool temps we've been having.

I'll get right on sending you the rest of the cigars....just as soon as you get to sending me some of that nasty Scotch you drink :p

bfreebern said:
Once he took the mis shaped cigar out of his back pocket, he takes the cellophane off and takes a nice long sniff. "Kinda smells like sh*t, huh"? He then tells me just last week he had a better smelling cigar from a Smoke Shop here and he paid $1.30 for the cigar.
That, my friend is called a blivet...............10 pounds of **** in a 5 pound sack!

Good for you for not losing your cool (or your composure by laughing at his ass).

That is too funny. Sometimes people just don't get it.

M. Gipson

bfreebern said:
I'll get right on sending you the rest of the cigars....just as soon as you get to sending me some of that nasty Scotch you drink :p
But I don't embarass myself with my boss with my scotch. I know he has no class and I don't even attempt to raise him up out of the gene pool he is floundering in. Ergo, to wit and therefore, my Scotch isn't nasty and so you don't get any PHFFFFT :0

Ergo, to wit and therefore, my Scotch isn't nasty and so you don't get any PHFFFFT

LOL. Oh yeah? I know you are but what am I?

I thought I'd be generous and try to share a few smokes, since I've been given a lot from the FOGs here :thumbs: And NO, I don't practice the Oklahoma way of smoking cigars, like my manager does. We do have a little class, regardless what anyone else says :D

bfreebern said:
We do have a little class, regardless what anyone else says :D
Yeah but it is so little the rest of us don't notice. :p

Gotta like those Puros, I've got 100 of 'em in stock myself. 55 maddies and 53 natties.

bfreebern said:
We do have a little class, regardless what anyone else says :D
Yeah but it is so little the rest of us don't notice. :p

And what's sad..........after my story, it will be even less :p

This thing of ours.... Our hobby here I mean, is very foriegn to most people. If they are not familar with fine cigars through previous friends or family then they just plain don't have any idea. When I first talk with someone about cigars I ask first thing right from the start what they like or what they've tried. If it doesn't sound promising (Whiteowl peach, swishers and such) then I talk a little about hand rolled and see if that jogs anything. If it doesn't then I don't share one with them unless I'm going to smoke with them right then and there. This seems to help prevent such situations from occuring. I distincly remember how new and foreign all this seemed to me when I first started and all I had previously smoked was plastic tip swishers in college. It's a big jump and a little extra help goes a long way.

I once had someone notice a couple red dot Cohiba XV's in my shirt pocket and ask to take a look. When the person smelled one they noted it didn't smell as good as a pack of peach white owls they had, "here smell thease."

gibu said:
I distincly remember how new and foreign all this seemed to me when I first started and all I had previously smoked was plastic tip swishers in college. It's a big jump and a little extra help goes a long way.

I once had someone notice a couple red dot Cohiba XV's in my shirt pocket and ask to take a look. When the person smelled one they noted it didn't smell as good as a pack of peach white owls they had, "here smell thease."
:D I remember my first good cigar. I thought that it was made wrong...
No little hole in the end :0 :sign:

Bill

I remember my first good cigar. I thought that it was made wrong...
No little hole in the end
LOL :p
Yea, I've actually had people tell me there cigars are better because they allready have a hole in them so you don't even need a cutter...." :0 :p

I once had a similar experience.

Never give a premium cigar to an amateur. ;)

Rod said:
I once had a similar experience.

Never give a premium cigar to an amateur. ;)
hah yea i found that one out, they wernt the most premium but i handed out some Indian tabac maduro's to some friends and some of em lit it and took 2 puffs said they didnt like em and handed em back, First time i ever smoked 2 cigars at once, good god was i buzzed.

You ask your "friend" who is complementing you on the aroma of your cigar if he/she <I'v had both do this> would like one. So you get a nice one out, clip it for them hand it to them and they proceed to stick it in their mouth and slobber all over it, head to foot, then lick it all over just to be sure it's good and wet. I ask why, "I do this to all my cigars" is the answer. :0

No, it's too late to try to explain this isn't one of their dried out drug store stogies. :(

I have heard of people dipping sticks in there drink before lighting but never seen it. Is anyone familiar with this cigar urban legend and it's origins?

AVB said:
bfreebern said:
But I don't embarass myself with my boss with my scotch. I know he has no class and I don't even attempt to raise him up out of the gene pool he is floundering in. Ergo, to wit and therefore, my Scotch isn't nasty and so you don't get any PHFFFFT :0
AVB, I know your scotch isn't nasty, so can I have some? :D :D

My FORMER associate insisted that a humidor was totally unnecesary.
He prided himself on keeping his sticks in a ziploc baggie in the FRIDGE. :0
\When I told him that they would dry out in there, he just said "they burn really nice".
Go figure. I never gave him any of mine, he wasn't worth it!

Kind of like Elaine in Seinfeld " I dont know if he is spongeworthy?" ;)

JV

gregor22 said:
AVB, I know your scotch isn't nasty, so can I have some? :D :D
Anytime you want to visit just give me a heads up.