• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The smell of Matlese Falcon

Bird

Reaction score
Keep in mind, I'm just having fun here, not being snobby :)

I opened my first tin of Maltese Falcon last night, what a smell! It was captivating. I stuck my nose into the can, trying to figure out what it smelled like. I'd say I got stewed prunes, garbage, shoe leather, and sweet spices....in that exact order! The prunes would hit my nose, quickly followed by the fermented garbage smell, then the shoe leather would come out after my nose was coated with the smell, which is when I'd get hit with the sweet spices. So good! I barely smoked a few puffs as of yet, but so far, no complaints.

That's an interesting review to say the least :) Glad the fermented garbage didn't dominate.

Who manufactures it?

GL Pease.

I can't say I've ever smelled garbage in pipe tobacco, but I guess all of our sniffers are different.

It's #2 on my list right now. Shot just above Westminster because it has some subtlety that I really appreciate that Westminster does not have.

Who manufactures it?

GL Pease.

I can't say I've ever smelled garbage in pipe tobacco, but I guess all of our sniffers are different.

It's #2 on my list right now. Shot just above Westminster because it has some subtlety that I really appreciate that Westminster does not have.

No smell of garbage here either, just good tobacco. I agree with your assessment LilBastage, Maltese Falcon is quickly becoming my favorite Latakia blend. At first I wasn't sure, there are a lot of subtle things going on. But after finding the right pipe for this blend (a Savinelli Collection pipe from 1993), it is really starting to shine. I may be wrong, but I think the "mysterious spice" mentioned on the label is deer tounge.

Who manufactures it?

GL Pease.

No smell of garbage here either, just good tobacco. I agree with your assessment LilBastage, Maltese Falcon is quickly becoming my favorite Latakia blend. At first I wasn't sure, there are a lot of subtle things going on. But after finding the right pipe for this blend (a Savinelli Collection pipe from 1993), it is really starting to shine. I may be wrong, but I think the "mysterious spice" mentioned on the label is deer tounge.
I don't know. Other blends I've had with deer tongue really gave me a headache. I don't really taste any in this and I don't get the headache. If it is, the blend must be just right and the deer tongue must be there in just the right dose. Whatever it is, it's good. :)

Who manufactures it?

GL Pease.

I don't know. Other blends I've had with deer tongue really gave me a headache. I don't really taste any in this and I don't get the headache. If it is, the blend must be just right and the deer tongue must be there in just the right dose. Whatever it is, it's good. :)

Hmmmm....anything that I've tried with deer tongue has given me a headache also. I thought it was just me.

It was a good garbagy smell. I guess it was a fremented smell. Smoking it has been a pleasure so far.

It was a good garbagy smell. I guess it was a fremented smell. Smoking it has been a pleasure so far.
Maltese Foul-can? ;)

Great! Yet another blend to pique my never-sated interest. :angry:
:cool: