• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Star of the Show

broblues

planning and plotting
Here lately, it seems there have been several NEWBS that don't want to pay their dues at CP before they start to criticise newer NEWBS.  It appears a lot of this behavior is pushing the tenured members to become less active.  What a shame.  What a loss to all of us.

The post padding is driving everyone nuts.  So many words with so little significance.  Some here, it seems, are involved in every post that everyone makes.

Even wars have changed.  As Mr Anderson bumped, new members can't seem to bomb without notariety.  Something needs to change.  And I think it's us NEWBS and especially the NEWBS that seem to have no respect for the traditions at CP.  

Let the FOGS be the FOGS.  We will get our chance someday, but until that day let us remember, it was their house first.    ;)

Steve

Well stated. The purpose of CP, I believe is often misunderstood. I am thankful for the opportunity to be a part of it all and thank you for allowing me to be a part of it.

C

Steve, 

To me I try not to get into the whole "Newb" vs "Fog" stuff and who's who or whatever. Now we are talking about Newbs and Newer Newbs. Aren't we all here for the same reason and if someone is out of line isn't it everyone's duty new and old to point them in the right direction. I don't think we should sit back and wait to have a "Fog" point it out every time do you? What kind of duties do you think need to be paid as a "Newb" before such actions can be allowed? 

I don't understand why you say wars have even changed. Whoever the guys are involved this year clearly put a lot of time and effort into picking great targets which they all are in my opinion and then clearly did a lot of research of their target judging by the responses given. I have read every post on this so far and there is a lot of fun poking (mainly at Brent) but I have yet to see one person post anything that is looking for notoriety. 

In time things change and evolve but if we stick to the standard ground rules here which I believe is happening then change is good and sometimes needed.

Just my opinion brother. Great subject and I am sorry you feel this way,
Paul

The traditions and discipline are why I chose CP. 

I didn't see a need for change. 

Maybe that's just because I am an old man. :whistling:

Well said bro. I'm growing tired of all the useless post padding. Thanks for saying what I've been thinking.

I see the ignore function doesn't exist on this software version. So it is best to ignore the thread and the person, other than that hit the report button if it becomes too much. Sometimes people don't get it, despite the PM's and phone calls.

I was away from CP for less than 24 hours and came back to over 80 threads unread. When I went through them, most were posts I could have ignored. This is the first time I have experienced this here.