• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Surprise Pass

"THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE"

I hope you can hook up with this tomorrow Mike.

UPS guy had been usually coming around 10am-1 pm, before I leave for work... this week its been after 5pm... I leave at 2:40. I left a note to leave with the super if im not home.

UPS came and went and I wasnt home again...but...

I was able to track him down myself and have the box pass safely in my possesion.

I will go throught it tonight when I get home, post my P/T tomorrow and get it back on the road by Monday... Tuesday the latest

:)

I was kinda wondering why you had to "sign" for it Mike BUT I'm just a simple ole country guy where the UPS guy leaves packages right outside the door without a problem.

I forget there's a WORLD of difference between Windham County, CT and Kings County, NY. :0

You probably have more people in your immediate neighborhood than I have in my whole county which I'm sure is more square miles than yours. :D

Hmmmm, just for laughs, before I completed this post, I looked up a few figures:

Population:
Kings County, NY: 2,508,820
Windham County, CT: 116,872

Area:
Kings County, NY: 71 square miles
Windham County, CT: 521 square miles

Population density:
Kings County, NY: 35,530 people per square mile
Windham County, CT: 224 people per square mile

HOLY CRAP that's a ratio of 158 to ONE! :0

Hey Mike,

I've only been to Brooklyn a couple of times in my life. Being a clueless "tourist," :laugh: most of my time in NYC has been spent in Manhattan or in Queens at Shea Stadium BUT I went to a show in the Park Slope section this past November and I have to say, I thought the area was very nice. Yeah, yeah, I know, kinda "yuppie" but a very nice looking neighborhood nonetheless. I was at a place called the Union Hall on Union Street near 5th Avenue.

I was telling one of my co-workers about it and she told me she grew up in Brooklyn in the exact neighborhood you live in. She wound up going to school at Boston University and now lives here in little ole Connecticut which as I mentioned is a BIG difference from the most populous burrough in NYC! :0

BTW, the whole state of Connecticut only has a few hundred thousand more in population than the borough of Brooklyn. I still cannot comprehend that. :0

Sure is hard not discussing the surprise. Mike, I mislabeled #74. I'd appreciate it if you would fix it by changing "Angeles" to "Especiales". Thanks

Doc.

Glad to hear it is safe and sound.

UPS came and went and I wasnt home again...but...

I was able to track him down myself and have the box pass safely in my possession.

I will go through it tonight when I get home, post my P/T tomorrow and get it back on the road by Monday... Tuesday the latest

:)

Hey Mike,

I've only been to Brooklyn a couple of times in my life. Being a clueless "tourist," :laugh: most of my time in NYC has been spent in Manhattan or in Queens at Shea Stadium BUT I went to a show in the Park Slope section this past November and I have to say, I thought the area was very nice. Yeah, yeah, I know, kinda "yuppie" but a very nice looking neighborhood nonetheless. I was at a place called the Union Hall on Union Street near 5th Avenue.

I was telling one of my co-workers about it and she told me she grew up in Brooklyn in the exact neighborhood you live in. She wound up going to school at Boston University and now lives here in little ole Connecticut which as I mentioned is a BIG difference from the most populous burrough in NYC! :0

BTW, the whole state of Connecticut only has a few hundred thousand more in population than the borough of Brooklyn. I still cannot comprehend that. :0

Brooklyn is an intresting place... you can go from public housing in one area to multi-million $ homes in less than half a mile. The area of Park Slope is a very nice area, it is a bit yuppie, and has a lot of nice shops, resturants, and bars, except that parking there is nearly impossible, almost as bad as Manhattan if you can beleive it.

I guess it is a crowded place, but since I've lived here all my life, I'm used to it. But sometimes its good to get away. Sometimes I would like to live somewhere like Windham cty, but would probably still miss it here.
CC... another intresting fact is that if Brooklyn was not a part of NYC, it would be the 5th largest city in the US.

Back to the topic on had...

I went through the box last night and it was a bit difficult picking out smokes...so many good ones!

So this this what I took:

#22 HdM Pyramide EL 2003
#37 Punch Rothschild dbl maduro
#62 Avo Le05
#68 RyJ Churchill
#51 SURPRISE!!!!

what I added...

#78 Monte Edmundo (Jan 07)
#79 San Cristobal (Nic) Classico
#80 Partagas Short (Apr 06)
#81 Padron 1926 80th Anniversary perfecto maduro
#82 Fuente God of Fire Double Robusto by Carlito (I thought the surprise was that good, so I added this one to my puts :) )

Will get the pass on the road after the weekend :thumbs:

Sure is hard not discussing the surprise. Mike, I mislabeled #74. I'd appreciate it if you would fix it by changing "Angeles" to "Especiales". Thanks

Doc.

Will make a note of it, Doc. And yes, the surprise is difficult not discussing ;)

Nice Mike! I'm glad that everyone so far has enjoyed the surprise.

Hmmmm, just for laughs, before I completed this post, I looked up a few figures:

Population:
Kings County, NY: 2,508,820
Windham County, CT: 116,872

Area:
Kings County, NY: 71 square miles
Windham County, CT: 521 square miles

Population density:
Kings County, NY: 35,530 people per square mile
Windham County, CT: 224 people per square mile

HOLY CRAP that's a ratio of 158 to ONE! :0

Bill, once I saw this I just had to add a couple of my own. :rolleyes:

Where I live now: Plymouth County, Iowa.
Population: 24,906 (2006 estimate)
Area: 864 sqare miles
Density: 29 people per square mile

And where I grew up: Ida County, Iowa.
Population: 7,180 (2006 estimate)
Area: 432 square miles
Density: 17 people per square mile

HOLY CRAP that's a ratio of over 2000:1!

All good things come to those who wait :)

Looks like it is on time and on track since it is in Des Moines already. After looking at a map I never realized that South Dakota had that little tail that reached down to Sioux City.

Looks like it is on time and on track since it is in Des Moines already. After looking at a map I never realized that South Dakota had that little tail that reached down to Sioux City.

I love that little tail. South Dakota has lower alcohol and tobacco taxes than Iowa, and the best liquorist/tobacconist within 75 miles is right across the river in its tip. :thumbs:

SIOUX CITY,
IA, US 01/31/2008 10:19 A.M. THE APARTMENT NUMBER IS MISSING OR IS INCORRECT. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION.

Hmm...

I just saw that too. Time to get on the horn to UPS if you can as this is not good.

SIOUX CITY,
IA, US 01/31/2008 10:19 A.M. THE APARTMENT NUMBER IS MISSING OR IS INCORRECT. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION.

Hmm...

Good, don't need this to get off track yet. Gives you something to look forward too.

Well I confirmed the address with the gentleman at UPS, and he tells me it will be delivered tomorrow.