• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

THE Talk

Gawntrail,

I think life is all about making choices and learning from mistakes. I've made several and definitely have learned from them. My mom raised me and my 2 siblings and none of these issues really came up. She was up front w/ us and let us make our own decisions. I think you're on the right track, just remember that you were there once too. If I could do things over again, I like MattR, wouldn't have been so goody goody to the people that I thought were below me. I understand now that I lost a lot of experiences b/c I didn't associate w/ certain people. Hell, I'd go back and do things over. I'd at least get laid more :D

I will have a 4 year old step son next year and will some day be in your shoes. I think your son will respect the fact that you're trying to help him out. It also seems to me that you give your son a little freedom, which will also go a long way :thumbs:

As far as the 45 minute showers.....my fiance still bitches that I take too long :sign:

Good luck.

Pretty much all of you have mentioned the risks of STDs which are potentially life threatening and a very real possibility. Although we're talking about a male and it doesn't normally result in death, I would also be concerned with pregnancy. If he were to knock up the "trailer park princess" or anyone for that matter it could definitely change his life. I can't imagine that a 17 year old parent would have much time for the things that a 17 year old should be focusing on (school, eventually getting in to college, friends, rotting his brain with video games, or in CC's case..experimenting with homosexuality). Of course he could choose (if you let him) to not take part in the childs life but it would still have a major impact on him.

Just my 2 cents

cvmfour said:
Girls can seem very flirty but wouldn't ever go that far. I've came across a lot of them and I'm only 19. Hehehe
You're just not trying hard enough. Most flirty girls ARE easy. ;)

As for the thread, honestly, I'd have to say that by 17, it is very likely too late. Growing up, everyone's parents were always either utterly clueless or in denial about the things their kids were up to.

I'll tell you good story:

I was 17...hanging around some of these type of girls. One day my dad asked me if I'd do a bunch of work around the house and yard. He said he'd pay me $500. Well I spent the next 4 weekends slaving to the grind on all the work that needed to be done. I didn't much like it...but the thought of the$500 kept me motivated. Well when I had finished he came to me to pay my wage. He handed me $200. I asked him what was up...he had told me $500. He basically said this(from what I remember) "You're free to have the friends you want...and date the girls you want...you've always had good grades and taken care of business...that's all we ask, but let me tell you this." "If you knock up one of these girls you've been bringing by the house...that's what's happening to your paycheck for the next 18 years...is that what you want when you graduate from college and get a career?"

Simply put....the point was taken. ;)

TheBeast said:
I'll tell you good story:

I was 17...hanging around some of these type of girls. One day my dad asked me if I'd do a bunch of work around the house and yard. He said he'd pay me $500. Well I spent the next 4 weekends slaving to the grind on all the work that needed to be done. I didn't much like it...but the thought of the$500 kept me motivated. Well when I had finished he came to me to pay my wage. He handed me $200. I asked him what was up...he had told me $500. He basically said this(from what I remember) "You're free to have the friends you want...and date the girls you want...you've always had good grades and taken care of business...that's all we ask, but let me tell you this." "If you knock up one of these girls you've been bringing by the house...that's what's happening to your paycheck for the next 18 years...is that what you want when you graduate from college and get a career?"

Simply put....the point was taken. ;)
LOL. Did his point stick?

moki said:
cvmfour said:
Girls can seem very flirty but wouldn't ever go that far. I've came across a lot of them and I'm only 19. Hehehe
You're just not trying hard enough. Most flirty girls ARE easy. ;)

As for the thread, honestly, I'd have to say that by 17, it is very likely too late. Growing up, everyone's parents were always either utterly clueless or in denial about the things their kids were up to.
That's the truth. By 17 you have learned all the morals you are going to get the easy way. If you teach kids to do the right thing, and be smart with the choices they make early, they will. At 17 a talk to open their eyes a little is about all you can do.
My mom was a single parent she gave me the sex talk, but didn't have a clue what it's like to be a teenage boy god bless her :D I learned on my own that the "easy girls" could cause trouble for a responsible guy.
I was smart enough to keep from becoming a dad too young ( as far as I know anyway) Just remember to let the boys know...
Listen to the big head not the little one :sign:

Bill

Again, thanks for the input. We're going to lunch Sunday afternoon and I will be addressing this then. Yeah, the STD and pregnancy talk will be reviewed. And, I am going to share some of my lapses in judgements with him.

I like the money part............I'm going to find a way to mix that in too.

One thing too........my reference to the trailer park was not saying that these girls are 'beneath us', it was a nicer way to say 'skank'. I found out that a couple of these broads have parents that are flat rich. But, a skank is a skank. Even if she has a pedigree.

M. Gipson