• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Time I Almost Died

Glad to hear all is better with you :thumbs: , thanks for sharing a very personal and no doubt stressful experience.

Scary stuff, Marc! I'm glad to hear you came through that in okay shape! Now, take care of yourself. :thumbs:

I think it was looking at your sig pic too much.

I’ve got to cut back on smoking and modify my diet and reduce all level of stress in my life just to figure out what triggered this attack, because they still don't know.

Wow, Holy Crap, that's some scary stuff Marc. I am glad to see that you are home and doing better. Hang in there and stay strong.

Sam

I told him not to smoke crack before he goes to sleep...but what the hell do I know :whistling:

:laugh:

Hope it all just ends up being a freak thing Marc. Where ya been BTW? I have not even noticed you lurking that much lately.

You look as mellow as a Deadhead in a mushroom patch.... how would this be?

Sorry to hear about your incident... but I'm glad to hear you're doing well.

Wow!!

Glad to hear you are hanging in there. Keep us posted.

BTW....I was down in your neck of the woods several weeks ago and was thinking about you. We dropped into that cigar place right off the freeway behind Mamacita's. Not a bad little place.

Anyway, take care. I hope the next news you get is great news.

Blessings,

Gary

wow glad you are ok and it did not go much higher. I hope you dont have to deal with that again. So to help you need to cut down on the smokng Pack up your humi Send it to me and I will take care of them things for ya :cool: rp :D

they took my pulse, it was at 190......My pulse ranged from 170 to 190 for five hours.

You burned some serious calories right there.
One sure way to lose weight.

220 - age = ?? If I hit 190, I would have died.

Glad your okay. Take it easy, exercise, and find out what caused it.

WTF!!

That is some scary sh!t. Glad to hear that you are ok. Sorry I never got a chance to HERF before I moved, but when I am back in the States, I will look you up for sure.

Until then, take it easy brother

Tim

Marc - glad to hear you're doing better. I have a good friend this happened to in 2005. He was TDY to Thailand (I know - no stress there) and was in the hotel (actaully alone) when the tachycardia hit for the first time. He was taken to teh hospital and stabilized, much as you were, then med-evaced home. He had a few more incidents and, long story short, over the next year they eventually found it wasn't lifestyle (which they initially blamed) it was a small cyst putting pressure on the nerve at one of the ventricular walls. They finally removed the cyst last year and he's fine now. (although he lost his flying status and had to gety a new job). Just thought I'd pass it on in case it ends up not being a one time event. I'd rather not see another friend suffer for over a year before they get there act together and find the real problem.

Be safe and I hope you never have to go throgh that again.

-K-

Glad to hear your ok and I hope they find out what caused it as soon as possible.

Happy to hear you are doing well. Sounds like it was a serious event. I have what is called persistent A-Fib, where I have the flutter all the time, but nothing like you experienced. They have made great strides in resolving these problems.

Be careful and take care.

Ken

Back