• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Ultimate steak?

It might be good but as much as I like bacon when I am in the mood for steak I don't want it to be bacon flavored. Besides, the Ultimate Steak is the one on my grill ;)

My birthday is the beginning of June, I might just head that way!

It might be good but as much as I like bacon when I am in the mood for steak I don't want it to be bacon flavored. Besides, the Ultimate Steak is the one on my grill ;)

I agree 100%.

The picture shown must not do it justice because it doesn't look like 7.5 lbs of meat on that plate. For $250 though, at least they were kind enough not to put a time limit on the comp offer...cause I'd have to make sure I finished the whole thing for that price!

Well, we have this in the works for the weekend or maybe Monday. I have the drippings from multiple batches of bacon from the Blu Cheese Bacon Dip recipe (we prepare a batch EVERY weekend) and I've divided it up in two different batches...one plain bacon grease and one cracked peppercorn infused bacon grease.

The balsamic basting mixture is made of the vinegar, 2 shots of espresso, worcestershire sauce, a pinch of brown sugar, a few glugs of oatmeal stout, and some minced garlic. We're not going to make a huge steak, probably start with either a boneless NY strip or rib eyes in the 1 1/2lb range...and I've decided to change it up a bit due to the smaller size. I may even break out the 'bacon mat' for this one, but I'm not sure yet....I haven't figured out how to fully cook the bacon on the smaller piece of meat yet.

Stand by for the pics as soon as we get it going.

Damn, this is making me hungry!