• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The United States of Cheap Beer

LOL that article was interesting.

And to think I have had many of those beers in college.

I can't believe anyone would revive Nastygansett. The only good thing about that beer, back in the day, was the Imperial Qt. bottling. They went out of business 'cause no one would drink that panther piss.

Doc.

That's a good article. Sad to say I've tried most of those beers at one time or another back in the day and have to agree with almost all of it. The only problem I have is that they included Shiner Bock on that list! I actually love this beer and some of the other varieties they brew. I think it's a travesty to include Shiner in the same company as Lone Start, Pearl, Stroh's, and for cryin' out loud...Olympia! And it's a heckuva a lot better than that flavorless watered down crap Miller, Coors or AB produces. Not that I have an opinion one way or another. :whistling:

The only problem I have is that they included Shiner Bock on that list!

Why? It's the cheap beer list, not bad beer list! :D

Shiner and Yuengling are some good stuff. Not to sure on the rest of it.

That was quite entertaining! I have had the misfortune to taste many of those brews (well, the ones that are still around in the Midwest, that is), and must agree, they are terrible! I'm afraid I'll have to agree that Shiner belongs in there too, but that's just my opinion. It rankles me that they try to cash in on the micro-brewing revolution by calling it a bock when it's nothing more than a darkened macro-style lager.

They missed a few Philly/PA locals on the East Coast list. There was no mention of Schmidt's (the last brewery to close in the city before Yards opened), and Stegmeier (now contract brewed by the Lion Brewery in Wilkes-Barre).

The only problem I have is that they included Shiner Bock on that list!

Why? It's the cheap beer list, not bad beer list! :D

Shiner and Yuengling are some good stuff. Not to sure on the rest of it.

Unfortunately, it's not too cheap in the Houston area. It runs between $6-7 a sixpack. Dang, I just noticed your in Afghanistan. That's a long way from Shiner country. Be careful and stay safe.

What no CARLING BLACK LABEL? Which, by the way is supposedly being brought back...

"Hey Mabel Another Black Label"

1473878854_3f5899634c.jpg