• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Victoria 2007 Review thread

Today was my turn to give the enigmatic stick a try.

On it's appearance I would have guessed it to be a Punch Robusto Maddie but it felt to be too full. I'm still unsure of its identity.

I cut the cap and and found the prelight draw to be vegetal and impossibly tight. When I put it to flame, the vegetal flavor was accompanied by what I can only describe as a soapy flavor. This mystery stick was rolled tighter than my great Uncle Ebenezer, almost impossible to draw, so I felt for a plug and found that the cigar was very tight all the way through but it was rock hard near the band. I used a poker to pierce the plug but was so hard the stick split on two sides. End of experiment.

I was looking forward to 'cracking this mystery', sadly it ended with a cracked cigar. Fortunately, I was gifted more than one so I can give it another try.

...rolled tighter than my great Uncle Ebenezer, almost impossible to draw, so I felt for a plug and found that the cigar was very tight all the way through but it was rock hard near the band. I used a poker to pierce the plug but was so hard the stick split on two sides....

[insert momma joke here]

Any more reviews, guys?

:whistling:

Edit: Rob, I just noticed the new avvy.... what the HELL are you holding?

Maybe soon.... I still owe Al one AND I need to do some outlaw reviews

Any more reviews, guys?

:whistling:

Edit: Rob, I just noticed the new avvy.... what the HELL are you holding?

It's me displaying the perfect ski slope (New England schtyle, ie: groomed 'packed powder [man made])
That was a great day, thought I'd take a self portrait, the larger image is better. I figured AVB would appreciate me not going back to my 'rum punch' sig.

~R

Well, now that I'm in my office, and have much brighter lighting, I can see it's your hand. But when I saw it last night... well, your thumb...

So what you're saying is:
...whatever it is I think I see becomes a tootsie roll to me...

Now that you point it out I can't stop seeing it, you bastard! I'll have to make a new sig now! Damn you Tom!

~R

Well, now that I'm in my office, and have much brighter lighting, I can see it's your hand. But when I saw it last night... well, your thumb...

All right, gentlemen. And the rest of you FOGs that got these smokes and don't fit the previously mentioned category... With November right around the corner, your Victoria Cigars are approaching the 6 month mark. Some extra time for these to sit, rest, develop, whatever you like to call it.

We want to know what you think about them now. So, the Four Horsemen of the Victorian Army, cigarstone, mysterea, tsmckenney, and myself, are putting together a little contest.

The contest will run for three weeks. You have until 1300 Eastern on November 13, 2007. We're looking for the best review of these smokes. All reviews already done in this thread are eligible. Now, what constitutes "best"? What's your definition of MVP? Who knows. Maybe it's the funniest. Maybe it's the most in-depth. Maybe it's... well, you get the point.

Once all the reviews are done, and the expiration date on the contest arrives, the four of us will brainstorm and choose two winners. The two selected will each receive a package from us to commemorate you reaching the pinnacle of review-ness.

If you have already posted a review, and feel it's not your best work, fear not! The only limitation on the number of reviews you can post is the number of sticks you have received.

So, get to smoking. Three weeks is plenty of time to find some nice weather, a little down time in the yard, and what ever else you need to enjoy a smoke. Good luck!

When I was a boy, I often spent Saturday morning shooting rats at the town dump. Back in those days the attendant would just set the piles of garbage on fire and in the winter they would just smolder releasing a smoke with a very unique odor and flavor. Ya couldn't help inhale it. This cigar had hints of this. I want to thank you guys for the memory. I hadn't thought of shootin' rats in a long time.

Doc.
Lit one a week or so ago. (notice, I didn't say smoked) They still smell and taste like smoldering garbage. Perhaps aged smoldering garbage, but garbage none the less.

Doc.

When I was a boy, I often spent Saturday morning shooting rats at the town dump. Back in those days the attendant would just set the piles of garbage on fire and in the winter they would just smolder releasing a smoke with a very unique odor and flavor. Ya couldn't help inhale it. This cigar had hints of this. I want to thank you guys for the memory. I hadn't thought of shootin' rats in a long time.

Doc.
Lit one a week or so ago. (notice, I didn't say smoked) They still smell and taste like smoldering garbage. Perhaps aged smoldering garbage, but garbage none the less.

Doc.
Okay..........who sent doc his Victorias? :D

I'll pull one out for the commute tomorrow morning and will report back.

Doc.

Doc.
Okay..........who sent doc his Victorias? :D

Ummmm... :blush:

Sorry guys, I had completely forgotten about doing this. I will have one soon.

Come on guys...............don't let Doc's review scare you away :D He has a very refined palet and still the Victoria 2007 was able to spawn found memories of childhood!

I smoked one the other morning and it was very "doughy", that's all I can describe, if that makes sense.

Doughy?
I don't even know where to start with that. Wtf?

What did you smoke before that 'gar son? Some prime Sensimelia? :sign:

All right guys... the weather this week is going to be beautiful. Nothing better than sitting outside Wednesday, smoking a cigar, chucking eggs at kids as they pass by.

Victoria 2007 cigar review

Construction is ok, firm, vieny and the color of oiled leather. Looks a lot like a Connie #9.

Taste like burning paper at first. I let it rest and burn a little then it became better.
It still has a dry woodiness flavor with a hint of something, I don't know what it is.
Near the end of the 1st quarter the bitter/sourness is starting to return.
Almost to the halfway point and the ash is still holding on. I had to let it go, it started to
smell and taste really bad after I ashed and took a couple of puffs. I have a few more to try and will post how they go.

DSC00155.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00162.jpg