• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Victoria 2007 Review thread

LOL...not realy...just what I had in the caddy for the week. Reminds me, I need to set another Victoria out. :laugh:

C'mon guys... I know there are PLENTY more Vicky's out there. You have just over a week left to get your reviews up for the contest...

The one I had tonight didn't differ too much from my previous review.

Victoria 2007 Review #2

Apearence much the same as the other, nice veiny tanned leather.

1st 1/4: kind of grassy with hints of sourness.

2nd 1/4: much the same, some bitterness coming in.

Just past half way and it is becoming more bitter. This one is done.

These look a lot like Connie #9s but I am not positive that they are. The flavor seems a little off to me, but hey, what do I know.

Just a reminder, guys... This ends on Tuesday. That means that this is your last weekend to smoke one and put up a review for the contest.

I haven't touched mine yet, they're still aging... What are they anyway? They sure do resemble the Connie #9!

I haven't touched mine yet, they're still aging... What are they anyway? They sure do resemble the Connie #9!

They are something very, very special.

We need to announce a winner here. We'll get on it.

Sorry for the slow response to this guys. One of the Horsemen *cough*Jeff*cough* was out marching all week in sunny San Diego.

Before I announce the winners, I want to give you guys a little background into our thought process...
When the idea was born, we had no idea about the whole re-banding process, and how bad we could screw it up, and any possible long-term repercussions from this. We decided to go with something inexpensive, so when we fugged up the bands the first 4 or 5 times, we didn't feel bad about screwing up the cigars.

We started doing our homework. Looking around the board at reviews and comments on bundled sticks. Looking for what most people thought was a good value. We researched, picked out a few choices, threw those around, and decided on the cigar you guys received.

Then it was time for the band design. Since this was in the middle of the latest Newbie War, we thought it would be a good idea to go with the picture of the explosion. The red/green/gold color scheme was a no-brainer. Very classic looking colors and design. We just needed a name.

After much discussion, we decided that since you guys weren't going to be able to ID these babies, that we had won ( :laugh: ), but Victory was too... straight-forward I guess. So, Victoria was born. And the Para Los Nuevos, "For the Newbies" for those still lacking a translation, was a nice little extra thrown on there.

Oh yeah.. the point of this long, drawn out post... what are they? :laugh:

The identity of the Victoria 2007 is.... The Consuegra #9 Maduro

They seemed to be well-regarded around the boards as a good value-smoke.

So, thanks for everyone who has smoked and reviewed them. And for those of you who haven't, now that you know it won't kill you, maybe you should give them a try.

And now, the really important part... the winners. The braintrust has declared PSTAN and NullSmurf the winners. Phillip, Bruce, congrats. No need to PM addy's we already know where you live. :D Unless, of course, that has changed since we sent these to you the first time around.

With the New Year just on the horizon... keep an eye out for the Victoria 2008's!

Sorry for the slow response to this guys. One of the Horsemen *cough*Jeff*cough* was out marching all week in sunny San Diego.

I cant' believe you blamed this delay on me.............that's weak ;) And just to clarify.............my homophobic ass was not marching in San Diego.............I was killing shit! :D I spent some very therapeutic days in the woods with a high powered rifle in my hands and some equally therapeutic nights with a cigar and beverage in my hands.................life just doesn't get any better :)

I cant' believe you blamed this delay on me.............that's weak ;) And just to clarify.............my homophobic ass was not marching in San Diego.............I was killing shit! :D I spent some very therapeutic days in the woods with a high powered rifle in my hands and some equally therapeutic nights with a cigar and beverage in my hands.................life just doesn't get any better :)

So...you like holding things in your hands?

So...you like holding things in your hands?

Don't you?

Thanks for the contest fellas and putting this together. It took a great deal of effort and planning to do this :cool:

PM sent in reference to addy but all should be ok.

Come in late today to a generous prize package. Several that I have not had before and some regulars, thanks "4 horsemen". :cool:

Sorry for not posting sooner, but I received my prizes (two bags) - very nice selection, including at least one more Victoria! Thanks for a well played and amusing game.

Glad everything got to you guys. And thanks to all for being the guinea pigs.

2008 is just around the corner...

Thanks to the winners for playing along and thanks for the reviews. As Tom says 2008 is just around the corner.