• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Woes of a Wineodor

theEpiphany

Apparently things were running too smoothly in my life. My luck with finding a Target in an out of the way "berg" here in California who was able to locate some backstock of Vinotemp 28s at a warehouse and have it shipped to me seemed too good to be true....It was.

I received my "twins" about a little over a week ago and prepped them up to start seasoning.. They were in fact 28 counts just like I ordered. No worries there...Thermo-electric....check....everything was in order.

I unfortunately took everything at face value which was my fault. I shoved the Manual underneath one of the coolers and forgot about it......That is...until my order from mtmouse came with 6 drawers and 4 shelves all TOP NOTCH.

Unfortunately NONE of the drawers or shelves fit ALL were off by about 1/4 inch too large. Man what a bummer. I compared Coolidor model numbers with those that other CP members have...check...I them compared them to the one I have on my vinotemp manual..........DAMMIT there's a small difference. The ones they shipped me were VT-TE28S and not the VT-28TEDS or VT-28TEDS-SS that everyone else seems to have, despite ASKING SPECIFICALLY and double-checking.

Now don't get me wrong, the Vinotemps work great and look great....they are quite/stable etc...but unfortunately it's not what I ordered....

Since they work well....the temperature readings on the panel are accurate with what my hygrometers register, I'm going to ask my Father in Law, who's a carpenter by trade to see if he can shave a little wood off the sides so I can get them to fit. The drawers might require a little more but I'm pretty certain I can get it done. I'd just hate to mess with GREAT shelving from MTMOUSE....

Anyway.

Hope nobody else has to go through this...albeit pretty trivial, just a big let down after the wife calls to tell me "Your new shelves have arrived".

MTMOUSE Thank you so much for your work and speedy delivery.

-Damien

You just need a small Stanley block plane . . . it's what carpenters (like I used to be) use to fit doors and drawers and windows just right.

031206.jpg

~Boar

Did he send you a message to have you measure your wire shelving? I know when he did my shelves he sent me an email asking me to measure my shelves to make sure they fit correctly. Aparently there are 2 different size shelves and not all of them are the standard 15 and something wide.

Yep he sent me this message as well. For the reason that you have listed. It should be an easy fix though, cross your fingers.

That sucks bro!! It should be a simple fix though.

I also received some great cedar shelves from mtmouse this week. I just told him I had the standard 28 bottle vinotemp and he said he already had the measurements, and they fit perfectly.

For anyone who hasn't hit him up yet who is thinking about doing cedar shelves for your unit, DO IT! What I love most is that now every time I open my vinotemp, I get a great whiff of delicious cedar wood like a true humidor has... and not the bland smell it used to have. I love it!

I also received some great cedar shelves from mtmouse this week. I just told him I had the standard 28 bottle vinotemp and he said he already had the measurements, and they fit perfectly.

For anyone who hasn't hit him up yet who is thinking about doing cedar shelves for your unit, DO IT! What I love most is that now every time I open my vinotemp, I get a great whiff of delicious cedar wood like a true humidor has... and not the bland smell it used to have. I love it!

I hit him up already. I just need to find a vinotemp at good price. I emailed Target. They actually replied and said no stores in a 200 mile radius of me have them. So I am back to ebay at this point.

Unfortunately the same thing happened to me. MT had to remake them, I couldn't cut em just right, apparently the frame itself was to large as well. He is an A+ guy, talk to him, ask for some advice!

My shelves from Tim came in this past week as well. Fit perfectly. Love the spanish cedar smell. Now for some beads and then get the RH up.

Hopefully you can just shave a little off and they'll fit right as rain.

Bill

Hi guys,

Thanks for the suggestions....I did think about taking a block plane to them...but unfortunately the drawers would require a complete dismantling. MTMOUSE and I have come up with a solution (I think)....He's one hell of a BOTL for damn certain, I can't get over the sincerity that's been extended to me in my short time here.

BOTL or just brothers to be certainwhen it comes to CP.
I can't get this type of support from friends I bust my ass to help out locally.

You guys are something else.

One day I'll start posting pictures of my setup.

-Damien

I hit him up already. I just need to find a vinotemp at good price. I emailed Target. They actually replied and said no stores in a 200 mile radius of me have them. So I am back to ebay at this point.

I got mine from the Target on City Line Ave across the street from my work. Granted it was almost 6 months ago but there were 3 others there when I bought mine. I'll pop in there and check tomorrow if I have the time. Sometimes inventory computers don't say the same thing looking at the shelf in person says. There is still an off chance they have one there and if they do I will let you know.

I would just mark how much needs to come off, and then take a belt sander after it.

I would just mark how much needs to come off, and then take a belt sander after it.

Yeah..As I said, it would be easy if I didn't have to dismantle the drawers to do it. The drawer walls themselves don't fit by a milimeter or 2.