• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The word ISOM

alexgtp

newbie extrodinaire!!
Am I the only one who is getting sick of seeing Cuban cigars referred to as ISOM's?

Why not refer to them as Habanos? Cubans? Or by their Brand name. :angry:

I thought ISOMs refered to "in search of macanudos"?

I've been making a point of writing CCs. We smoke Cuban cigars; we do not smoke islands. :laugh:

Do a search noob!

Yeah, I'm darn sick of it but I'm not going to blow a gasket. Maybe we can ask Rod to get the database to substitute "Habanos" whenever someone types "ISOM" in a post.

Wilkey

Does anyone who types ISOM consider that that would also include the Dominican Republic too?

I will now shoot on sight.

Am I the only one who is getting sick of seeing Cuban cigars referred to as ISOM's?

Why not refer to them as Habanos? Cubans? Or by their Brand name. :angry:

I never liked it. CC's is my preference

I agree lets just call them cubans. But to be honest with you until reading a previous discussion about this same topic I thought we were suppossed to call them ISOM's . As a newbie I went to the cigar lingo page to look up ISOM's and it says Island South of Miami (in other words, Cuba). Hell I thought it was the code word for cuban cigars. :laugh:

Just thought I would share my ignorance as a newbie.

Jim

lol Bruce... time for some new pills, the old ones aren't working anymore.

I call them Cubans, for that is where they come from.

I agree lets just call them cubans. But to be honest with you until reading a previous discussion about this same topic I thought we were suppossed to call them ISOM's . As a newbie I went to the cigar lingo page to look up ISOM's and it says Island South of Miami (in other words, Cuba). Hell I thought it was the code word for cuban cigars. :laugh:

Just thought I would share my ignorance as a newbie.

Jim

:laugh: .... I thought the same thing for a while. Just became a habit. Hell, it's so ingrained I still call them isom's sometimes in PM's. :laugh:

Wasn't the original rationale for using ISOM to avoid popping up on spook search engines looking for contraband traders? I am pretty sure it isn't much of a secret code anymore so there really isn't a reason to just call them Cubans or habanos :rolleyes:

Wasn't the original rationale for using ISOM to avoid popping up on spook search engines looking for contraband traders? I am pretty sure it isn't much of a secret code anymore so there really isn't a reason to just call them Cubans or habanos :rolleyes:

It my be...but why chance it!

Thank you for bringing this up Alex, I have been thinking that same thing for a while too. :thumbs:

It my be...but why chance it!

Ok so when I first read ISOM I had to look it up, and I thought it was prefered on the board. But if this Is the reason wouldnt CC be just as efective If not better?

edit to add:
there was no reason for me to add to this