• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Year is 2029!

It's a joke, ment to be humerous ... since when aren't jokes allowed? I guess you don't watch Jay Leno either since he makes fun of Bush. Lighten up a bit Gonz.

I had this sent to me last week. It seems to be going around lately.

Since I'm late to the thread, I have no idea what the post was.

But on a Bush-related topic, has everyone seen the Bush Impersonator video that was circulating a week or two back? That is some seriously funny stuff, right there. Bush and Steve Bridges, a very good Bush impersonator, are at side-by-side podiums, cracking up the White House Press corps.

If you haven't checked it out yet, you owe it to yourself to do so. Just Google "Bush Impersonator". :thumbs:

So what happened in the year 2029?

Is cigar smoking banned on the entire planet?

So what happened in the year 2029?

Is cigar smoking banned on the entire planet?

from what i understand: Our Lady Peace (from George Orwell)

The year is 2029.
The machines will convince us that they are concious, that they
have their own agenda worthy of our respect.
They'll embody human qualities and
claim to be human, and we'll believe them ???

:sign:

I think what Gonz was referring to and what the guideline he quoted is trying to communicate is that joke or no joke, politics tends to get things pretty heated pretty fast. People take their politics VERY seriously (too seriously in many cases). It's almost akin to having a "discussion" about religion.

I don't know if Gonz was offended or not, only he can answer that. However, I'd be willing to bet that someone would have started in pretty quickly even if the post was actually funny. Some people just cannot laugh at themselves or their politics.

It's usually best to just steer clear of politics all together. It's the best way to keep a board like this as friendly as possible.

Just my opinion, not speaking for anyone else.

Typo edit