• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

There was an article in my newspaper today...

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
...telling how people have already forgotten.

USS_Arizona_2.png

Have you forgotten?

Doc

Nope. I was at Pearl last year and the Arizona is still leaking oil.

No I haven't it. I also reminded my department of 39 employees in our weekly all hands meeting about it.

That overhead picture doesn't do the experience justice. We should never forget! Sad that memories of those who lived through it and the battles afterwards are forgotten in time.

I have not. It's also on my list of places to visit.

I hope we never forget. Need to pass it on to the younger generation so it can live on.

I'm afraid schools have so much information to cover, some of America's history gets lost in the mix

Being 28 and not forgetting I think the school system does a great job at reflecting on times like this. Or its my Wife's military family that really helps me to remember all day in our history like this!

Definitely not. Was just there for a ceremony a month ago. It's not something I'll ever forget.

During my first deployment we flew the squadron jets from North Carolina to Iwakuni, Japan. On the second day we stopped in Hawaii and I had a chance to visit the Arizona Memorial. From there we flew to Wake Island and I walked the beaches and crawled through several of the bunkers and gun positions. While we were in Iwakuni, we took the train to Hiroshima to visit the Peace Park and museum there. Seeing all those places in that order helped frame it for me as I began to study the history of WWII. Years later I visited Yasakuni Shrine and museum in Tokyo, the memorial and museum for Japan's war dead. There I read the story of the war from the Japanese perspective.

I hope both sides never forget!