• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Things have changed in the last 6 years...

bfeeder

Well, if you saw my introduction you would know that after a 6 year break from cigars I have recently jumped back in the game. Talk about a great time to get back into cigars! When I first started back in '06 it was all about Fuente, Padron, Tatuaje and Ashton VSG's. Since I have been back, I can see that there is a bunch of new talent on the block. I have since been smitten with the likes of Illusione and Quesada who are just as good as the group I just mentioned. I also have heard great things about E.P. Carillo, Ortega and Cuenca y Blanco, which I have yet to try. Let me just say that it is a great time to get into cigars and this is an amazing website!

Thanks and Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays,

Pete

Yep. Lot more gallant out there these days. The old faithful a are still as good as they were back then too. It's a good time to be smoking.

I wasn't into cigars six years ago, but looking at the list you mentioned I would also recommend trying out sticks from crowned heads and some of the liga privadas from drew estate.

I've had several EP Carillo (Short Run) and while they've started out good, they lack a real richness and complexity, with just heavy leather and wood notes past the first 1/3. Of the three I've tried, I only burned slightly past half way before giving up. I also have heard great things about Ortega and want to try some. But no matter what new Tatuaje or Viaje stuff comes out, I always come back to a Padron maduro and Arturo Fuente's best.

I wasn't into cigars six years ago, but looking at the list you mentioned I would also recommend trying out sticks from crowned heads and some of the liga privadas from drew estate.

I definitely forgot to mention Crowned Heads and six years ago, Drew Estate was really only known for infused cigars. I will have to try a liga privada and an undercrown if I can find them.

Like you I just started gat back in the game of cigars, only my break was about 10 years! Your absolutley correct about all the new and exciting sticks out there! My poor wallet is really feeling it but my humidors are filling up and I'm enjoying every minute of it. Also getting a kick out of some of the new names (despite wishing i could find some!). flying feral pig, some rat something from Drew, turkey dinner or something?! Funny stuff but I hear they are all good. Opinions?
tom

Back