• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Things you do while smokin

A lot of great responses guys. In response to me not being specific enough. I my girlfriend and I usually talk about people in her family and why they act the way they do, or sometimes we talk about where things are going in say the next 6 months or what type of furniture we can agree on. Last time I studied and smoked at the same time I was studying for my AP history exam and was smoking a La Gloria Cubana No. 7 Series R maduro. So I think that is specific enough and keep those responses coming.

I only smoke outside so as long as it's light, reading a novel (classics, sci-fi, historical fiction) is my 1st choice. If it's in the afternoon I usually set up a blanket under my Maple or Oak tree & enjoy the bliss of a warm sunny day, book in hand. Sometimes I will listen to something that has a summer feel to it, such as 60s jam/folk bands or Bossa Nova. If it is in the evening I'm usually talking with my wife or again reading - the same music carries over. If I am having a late night smoke when everyone else has gone to bed (my favorite), I like to listen to classical or something without lyrics that allows my mind to wander (more specifically Phillip Glass, Soft Machine, Pink Floyd, Spiritualized, King Crimson, etc.). Sometimes I will bring the blanket out again & take in the stars.

Last weekend I walked over to the park across from my neighborhood around midnight for a better view of the lightning in the sky. It was so incredibly peaceful & beautiful to be there when most of the area was asleep (except for 2 young lovebirds that were probably annoyed by my presence :laugh: ). I need to do that again.

My dog used to always hang around & try to sniff my cigar, but since lighting a few bottle rockets on the 4th, he seems to have a phobia of things that are on fire :(

Edited to add:
I used to go on walks with my dog but I felt like I didn't get much out of the cigar when doing this.

Lately, having a drink of some sort, i.e. scotch, rum or vodka, and watching the Sox lose the last 5 games....... Not the best times or me lately.

My favorite thing to do is sitting on the patio in the evening and just watch the world go buy. I'll have the baseball game on the radio of some music playing but I just sit and relax.

Most of the time, I'll simply sit in my swing outside and observe the nature in my yard. On occasion I'll actually have a pen and pad of paper just writing down thoughts about the cigar. Other times I'll go to my back yard and shoot some chip shots into my golf net.

I try not to do anything that detracts from the cigar too much.

I like doing Chinese acrobatics while I smoke, typically nude and covered in marmalade. Is that weird?

I usually enjoy one one the front porch while I watch The Daily Show on Hulu. Sometimes I do homework or workwork instead if I have something to get done. If it's not too hot out I'll detail the outside of my car (I refuse to stink up the inside!). I like to roam the woods or bring a cigar on an overnight camping trip with my dog and/or girlfriend. It's awesome to camp out near the water tower in my town and enjoy a smoke with a great view.

My Summer routine is to pick out a robusto or corona size cigar, go outside, then water my vegetable garden and all the flower beds....it takes me about 45 minutes to an hour every other day. The other days?....I lay in my hammock, stare at the sky and trees, and dream of those care free days of my youth. :laugh:

Very, very relaxing.

I typically sit in a chair while I smoke on the patio. Sometimes its this one plastic chair I have. Its about 3 feet tall, kind of comfortable, has some slits/openings in the back, 4 legs, and is white. It was made in china and I bought it at target about 3 years ago for about $20. I paid for it in cash and brought it home in the trunk of my Audi A4. Now I have an Acura TL, its grey with tinted windows and a 3.2 liter V6. I just got some new tires put on it and just got an oil change. But back to the chair. It probably weighs about 5 pounds and seems pretty durable. Right now its sitting on my back patio. Its really dirty and could use a good washing but overall its a good chair. I usually sit in it normally, but I have been known to throw a leg up from time to time. Sometimes I'll switch up which leg is crossed to increase the comfort level also. Sometimes I wont even cross a leg! I know, pretty crazy huh? Hope this helps you.

:D

Do you think that maybe washing the chair would have an effect it might be worth it also it might change how heavy it feels a very important aspect.

I smoke every time i golf, has just become a must for me. But when sittin around home i like to put on a good album and just think. I have tried studying while i smoke, but it usually just slows me way down.

Typically I am listening to some alternative music browsing CP, although if one of my teams is playing then I'll watch the game through the glass door with a wireless speaker outside.

Well, recently, the only times I smoke are when I'm Grilling, drinking, and swimming, at my friend's pool. I go over there a few times a week, bring some food and some beers, we kick back.

Generally get there, take a dip, light up my cigar, then return to the pool and swim for a while while smoking and enjoying a Miller High Life. Then, I start over at the grill, smoking the whole while. I also enjoy libations over at the grill as well.

Other than that, I have a few practices. Sitting at Casa Fuente drinking sangria is one of the more common ones. I just take the girl and a friend, talk about anything and everything from school to current events.

Lastly, I smoke while working on cars. I've been helping a friend paint a car for a while on weekends, and that's a good time to do it. Sanding and doing body work is boring, a good cigar, beer, and conversation makes the time fly.

Now, obviously if I'm swimming or working on a car I'm not smoking a super premium, I make sure they have their own time so I can enjoy it more with something a little better, some green label perhaps.

When I head outside to smoke, I grab the laptop. If I'm working I work; if not I surf. I usually read CigarPass, news, or lately been browsing homes in Hawaii (one can always dream).

I usually sit outside my garage in the shade,
with a book, and the radio on. Mostly listen
to the Phillies or Eagles games, but also to
talk radio or classic rock. There is a glass
of iced tea, or OJ, or Dr. Pepper or Coke at hand,
as well.

The scenery is wooded with lots of birds, squirrels,
deer, wild turkey, snakes and other fauna. Birds
frequenting the neighborhood: Orioles, Scarlet Tanager,
various Jays, Cardinals, Robins, Wrens, a hawk, some
Blue Herons, Gold Finches, an owl, hummingbirds, geese.

The only downside is that around sundown the gd mosquitoes
come out. Mosquitoes suck.

Chemyst :cool:

MY fav thng to do while smoke:

Save the free world in the span of a single day.

or read a book with a cup of coffee.

Tim

I like to put on some music (usually some type of post-rock, progressive, or ambient--something mellow) and work on whatever homework I might have. I tend to think better when I'm relaxed.

Yesterday, I sat on my back porch during the thunderstorm, jamming to my "chilling at the beach" playlist on my ipod. My girl was at work and I decided to continue with my cigar tasting marathon... Last night I had a Don Pepin Garcia Invictos. Got to love the Newbie Sampler....lol