• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This ever happen to you?

okiesmoke

Last week I was sorting through my humidor and found a couple of Hemi Short Stories that looked troubling.

One had a small pin hole in the middle of it. Took it out of the wrapper, tapped it, no dust, looked through the humi no beetles, just a small little hole but it looked kind of cracked.

The second one was cracking at about a half inch above the foot, about where the widest part of the cigar.

Smoked them both yesterday and had not problems, they're as great as ever.

Am I storing these right, my humi reads 68/68 and no other cigars are damaged.

I've had these for almost a year now, maybe they've just shrunk down a bit? Maybe I should post this in The Humidor but like I said, no other smokes were displaying the same characteristics.

thanks

When my cigars are troubled, I add a bit of diazepam to my distilled water.

Doc.

When my cigars are troubled, I add a bit of diazipam to my distilled water.

Doc.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

If it is just cigars out of your whole stash, I wouldn't worry. If every stick you have, has these problems. You might want to do some more investigating.

I have had two Hemmingway Clasics split at the foot on me, but everything else looked good so I didnt worry about it. Brushed a little liquid pectin on them, and they smoked good as new.

I have had two Hemmingway Clasics split at the foot on me, but everything else looked good so I didnt worry about it. Brushed a little liquid pectin on them, and they smoked good as new.

Ditto on that liquid pectin. Don't leave home without it!! A great thing to have around.

I have not had that experiece with any Hemingways. I have however had it happen to other cigars. I use the pectin to correct the problem also.