• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This Funny Little Bark Box

jus10

CP Shipping Guru
Get your mind out of the gutter!! :D
Your nasty for thinking that....

Any who, My fiance's Mom was cleaning out her walk in closet and found a little box of cigars. Her girlfriend brought them back from Cuba for her 11 years ago. When I went to visit for Christmas she gave it to me. So, this box has been chillin' out for 11 years in her closet at bone dry humidity levels. I'm going to try and bring them back. This Box is made of cedar and covered in this nice bark mosaic of sorts. Inside there are some little mini's and some corona sized smokes. they are banded Tabacos de Cuba with Havana in smaller print on the back. These smell pretty good, I say what heck I have to try and bring them back to life for the fun of it. Check out this pics, I'll let you know how it goes while I ever so slowly bring the RH up on these things.

Mysterybox.jpg
Mysterybox.jpg

Mysterybox3.jpg
Mysterybox4.jpg

Wow!

I've never seen those labels in any books I've read. You might have some interesting cigars there to say the least. I've always wondered what the Cuban people actually smoke as their "daily cigars." Perhaps these are some examples.

Can anyone shed some light on these?

Would you be able to post some close-up/high res shots of the bands?

Wilkey

Would you be able to post some close-up/high res shots of the bands?

Wilkey
Sure I will post some better pics later tonight. As for the brand I have never heared anything about them. They could be bullsh!t for all I know. What I do know is that they have a triple cap and smell good :D

Well,

If you can still smell them, there might be hope after all. Of course, it might be all due to the box. ;)

Good luck to you. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Go easy on re-humidifying them - take your time. Don't just throw them into a 70% humidor. Try to get them up to 60 or 65% over weeks, if not months. Otherwise, they'll blow up on you - crack, swell, etc.

Good luck! They look interesting!!!

the wrappers seem to have some sheen to them. :thumbs:

Go easy on re-humidifying them - take your time. Don't just throw them into a 70% humidor. Try to get them up to 60 or 65% over weeks, if not months. Otherwise, they'll blow up on you - crack, swell, etc.
Yeah I'm going to bring these up over about 6-8 weeks very slowly for sure...Its like a science project :)