• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This is a shame

cohibasurfer

one day older than dirt
If any of you here at CigarPass.com visit CigarFamily.com, go to the Accessories Room and read this thread.

And we're not done...O*P*U*S

Very familiar scenario here.
For those of you that thought I was full of it...
the proof is in the pudding. You might want to re-evaluate your position.

And he is in our hall of fame
:lookup:
This is very embarrassing to say the least...

Shame on you Tim.

???

Tim's gotten a bad rap at CF for a while now. From what I heard he earned it, but it's rough over there and things get said that shouldn't. All that aside, I agree with Mike, maybe it's time to re-evaluate that Hall of Fame page. :(

The CP Hall of Fame was re-evaluated last night.

I have had nothing but success with Tim. And will not hesitate to do any type of trade with him again.

Are we going to require a full Cigar BB check when nominating a person to the HoF?

Well Perdomo... You certainly have every right. But I do speak with prior experience. I wasn't just going on hearsay from CF. I also know more than a handful of others that feel the same. I just thought I would notify our beloved lovers of the leaf here, that are also borderline on this matter, that some old habits are continueing with Tim. There are a few loyal Tim supporters here... and more power to them. Tim as I have understood it... was a class act. But as time has passed, more and more episodes have surfaced. People do change. I personally hope he snaps out of his current demeanor. I also hope you always have success with all your trades and passes if they are including Tim. I for one only need to be hit once. So in conclusion, I simply thought I had a duty to call 'em as I see 'em. So for the benifit of future members and some of the older members, I have done just that.

With the integrity of this board as my main concern, I think this topic was neccesary.

Perdomo,

We're simply keeping our Hall of Fame up to date per our member's request. I personally do not choose who is put on the hall of fame, that's up to you guys, the members.

I am evaluating the entire Hall of Fame portion of this site. Perhaps a new forum added to CP with the name "Have a good trade lately? Post it here" would be better.

If we create a new forum devoted only to praising good passers/traders, it just might be better.

What do you guys think?

Rod

Rod, IMO I would keep the HOH the way it is. Another forum is not really needed and would possibly lead to flame wars that are not needed. The HOF should be "policed" by the CP members and it should be a priviledge to be included on it. I would think that it would be a rare occurence that people would need to be removed from it. I also don't think one or two complaints should be grounds for removal. But, I do think Mike is correct on this one. Tim hasn't been around for a while and I think he may be going through some personal problems. I have a feeling he is about to have a lot of crap dropped on him at CFC this weekend and I would not want to be him.
Maybe we should set up some kind of "board" of "old-timers" to review future HOF inductees and that board could also serve to iron out problems in the future.
This is all jus my thoughts though and Rod shoudl have the final descision.

Sam & Mike,

Thank you for your input, both very good points. Good point Matt about flame wars happening if we open a new forum, we definately don't want that.

To all: If someone is removed from our HoF, that doesn't mean they can't get back on it.

HOF will remain in service, and will continue to be policed by active CP members only.

Your input (the active members here) are what make this site/board what it is. So my ears are always open to new ideas.

Thanks,

Rod :thumbs:

:D I just gatta say I love you guys!!!!!! LOL:0 :p
I would agree in this case it may be justified but I don't want to see it become a unconcious habit to remove someone for hear say and rumors. Like if the next 5 or so passes that came to my house disapeared and my address changed and my phone got diconnected. I just don't think that is enough evidence!!!!!!:love: :0 :p :) :cool:

I think the HOF is fine the way it is. Like Rod said there is nothing that prevents a member to getting back in.

I for one do not want to see any flamming start on this board. It is one of the reasons I like this board. Everybody gets along which gives us more time to talk about cigars and passes. :thumbs:

Me either... but this shiii.... stuff has to be put to an end! There are still people sticking up for this guy... which opens the door for more of this.

CigarFamily site
Trading room thread: VERY OLD cigars for trade!

I for one will continue to post the positive results I have had with Tim. Until, either I get screwed by him, or he screws someone I consider a friend. Wouldn't that be the right thing to do?

No, I don't like seeing anyone (well ok, almost anyone) get screwed. But without hearing Tims side, do we really know what's going on? I don't believe these people are lying, but maybe there's some circumstances that we don't know about.

Perdomo,

This is an OPEN forum. Tim is MORE than welcome to post his side, you're more than welcome to post your positive transaction's with Tim as well. Please, if you feel Tim is being treated unfairly, by ALL means, get ahold of Tim and have him post whatever he would like here.

If you wish to review what Michael is referring to, read the thread in the Completed Passes Forum. It's the Cigars and Coffee pass, started by cohibasurfer.

Again, I've said it once, and I'll say it again... Tim CAN get back on the HoF. Tim is very much welcome to CP.

Rod