• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This is done!Who here has never tried an Opus X?

Wow Jon that's some love your spreading around here!!! Way to go. Just to bad I missed this As Yesterday was my birthday and I had to go to bed early (to get my other B-day present) LOL. You know what they say, win some lose some.

WTF is an Opus?

Come on Eric...everybody knows this is an Opus.

opus.gif

Wow Jon that's some love your spreading around here!!! Way to go. Just to bad I missed this As Yesterday was my birthday and I had to go to bed early (to get my other B-day present) LOL. You know what they say, win some lose some.

If Jon isn't getting you PM me your addy.

Call me a bleeding heart... but I feel bad there were some who didn't get in here in time to snag an Opus X. Tell you what, the first reply to THIS post by someone who didn't get one from Jon and also meets the original requirements of the first post gets one from me.

And..... go.

I will send the first three people who post here that have never had an Opus (now be honest),have been on the forum at least three months & have at least 50 posts,two Opus apiece.One to smoke & one to put away. :D

I think he's going off this criteria.

I will send the first three people who post here that have never had an Opus (now be honest),have been on the forum at least three months & have at least 50 posts,two Opus apiece.One to smoke & one to put away. :D

Criteria Schmiteria! No, I know, I'm more interested in how long it always takes me to repsond to any contest type thing. I'm not worried about not getting the Opus. My repsonse is more of a commentary on my inability to respond in a timely matter than anything else. ;)

Thanks for pointing out my newbness though! :thumbs:

Eventually, I hope that may one day be overcome!
Silly newb . . . Sticks aren't for kids!

Criteria Schmiteria! No, I know, I'm more interested in how long it always takes me to repsond to any contest type thing. I'm not worried about not getting the Opus. My repsonse is more of a commentary on my inability to respond in a timely matter than anything else. ;)

Thanks for pointing out my newbness though! :thumbs:

Eventually, I hope that may one day be overcome!
Silly newb . . . Sticks aren't for kids!

IMHO that makes no sense. Why post something if its irrelevant.? If we all did that threads would be multiple pages long.

That's why I thanked you for pointing out my newbness, because I had honestly missed that part of the original post, however, even if I had the 3 months, it would have been irrelevant because of the timing. I'm just owning my multiple mistakes and thanking you for pointing them out, while at the same time admonishing myself for being a newb, trying to save you the trouble of doing that for me. While it would have been nice to have won the opus, as I have never tried one, and they seem to be hyped up alot by other smokers. I realize after the fact, that I did not meet the requirements and the irrelevence of my putting anything given that and the lateness of my response, I will now insert my foot in my mouth and don my asshat.

Thank you sir . . . may I have another?

I've never had an Opus, or even seen one LIVE, we don't have any B&M's around here, and my Rick's Tobacco doesn't carry them either. :(

I frequent several forums so I read more than type. It can take me literally years to get to fifty posts. Besides, I'm too new to cigars to give much advice anyway. I recieved a humidor for Christmas from my mother-in-law three years ago. I had a hard time keeping the humidity up in this dry climate (NE corner of OR). I finally ended up just putting a small cup of solution in it a couple years ago and it holds between 60-65 now. I have picked up several samplers over the years and keep notes on the rings and save them as I go.

I had my first "gotta have more of these" experience with a Partagas 1845, and then had true cigar nirvana when I lit up a Padron 1926 40th not really knowing what I had been sitting on. Things got serious then, including joining this forum and researching. I put two Opus X in the humi and plan on lighting my first shortly after my wife gives birth to our first child middle of November. The second I plan on aging a couple years. There are plenty of new cigars that attrach my attention and keep me from ruining my plans for the Opus I have. The more I read the more I think about getting a couple more though.

My humi mainstays are Padron thousand series, and Rocky Patels. My first disappointment was with my first Gurka, but a masterblend I had recently helped restore some faith there. My only light headed feeling followed by "I'll never smoke one of these again" came from a Black Pearl. The cigar I'm about to go out and light up right now before going to work is a CAO Brazilia.

No matter what forum I have been spending my free reading time in, I always read about kind gestures like this to get new folks interested in the topic. I just wanted to applaud the generous in this post.

I frequent several forums so I read more than type. It can take me literally years to get to fifty posts. Besides, I'm too new to cigars to give much advice anyway. I recieved a humidor for Christmas from my mother-in-law three years ago. I had a hard time keeping the humidity up in this dry climate (NE corner of OR). I finally ended up just putting a small cup of solution in it a couple years ago and it holds between 60-65 now. I have picked up several samplers over the years and keep notes on the rings and save them as I go.

I had my first "gotta have more of these" experience with a Partagas 1845, and then had true cigar nirvana when I lit up a Padron 1926 40th not really knowing what I had been sitting on. Things got serious then, including joining this forum and researching. I put two Opus X in the humi and plan on lighting my first shortly after my wife gives birth to our first child middle of November. The second I plan on aging a couple years. There are plenty of new cigars that attrach my attention and keep me from ruining my plans for the Opus I have. The more I read the more I think about getting a couple more though.

My humi mainstays are Padron thousand series, and Rocky Patels. My first disappointment was with my first Gurka, but a masterblend I had recently helped restore some faith there. My only light headed feeling followed by "I'll never smoke one of these again" came from a Black Pearl. The cigar I'm about to go out and light up right now before going to work is a CAO Brazilia.

No matter what forum I have been spending my free reading time in, I always read about kind gestures like this to get new folks interested in the topic. I just wanted to applaud the generous in this post.

Nope, but if I was I could probably afford more smokes.

Just to let you know, CP rules state

GETTING STARTED

The very first thing you'll want to do after you create your account is to fill out your Member Profile. Towards the top of the forum, you'll see a link that says "MY CONTROLS". Click this link, and you'll have access to all of your account settings. Here you can create a signature (keep it brief, no enormous/obscene images or foul language is allowed, use your best judgment); fill out your PROFILE INFORMATION, and so on. In the profile information section, tell us what your favorite cigars are, what types of cigars you like, and so on. Check out some fellow member profiles to get an idea as to what you might want to say. There are many options in the MY CONTROLS section of the site, including your very own photo gallery. Please keep the photo's cigar related. We don't mind the occasional non-cigar related photo, but for the most part, images should remain cigar related.

POST AN INTRODUCTION

Now that your profile is all setup, let's post a message! Your very first post should be an introduction in the INTRODUCTION FORUM (LINK). No need to write an entire auto-biography, just a brief intro is fine. This lets people know who you are, and it's a great way to get your feet wet in the community.

Now that you've introduced yourself, check out the rest of the community. Read as much as possible in order to get the feel for the community. Once you're comfortable, post away. Please keep in mind that we strive to be the friendliest cigar community out there, so always use your best judgment when making a post.

You should post an introduction here.

Back