• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This is funny

mrjinglesusa

CP Chemist
So, I ask my wife to mail off some cigars for the Iraq troops. When they ask her if there is anything "perishable, fragile, or dangerous" she says "No, just some cigars my husband is mailing." :sign: Oops. Lady tells her, you can't ship tobacco through the USPS. Guess I have to go back tomorrow...

:laugh:

Is that even true?

Also, last I checked cigars ARE perishable.

Never send a WOMAN to do a man's job!

Lumberg said:
Is that even true?

Also, last I checked cigars ARE perishable.

Never send a WOMAN to do a man's job!
[snapback]193565[/snapback]​

I guess so. I never tell them what's in there - just answer no to their questions. :thumbs:

I've had the same thing happen. However, they couldn't find the little piece of paper that directed them not to ship tobacco. So, they just let it go. I learned my lesson...I just answer no to their questions now. Seems kind of stupid, though. :(

My wife sent some out for me and when she told them what they were, he asked if she wanted to insure them?

bfreebern said:
MAIL FRAUD Jingles. Send me those 2 Opus, 2 Anejo, 2 858SG and I won't report you :whistling:
[snapback]193568[/snapback]​

Sounds good. :thumbs: Are you shipping the MRN book through USPS? :laugh: ;)

mrjinglesusa said:
bfreebern said:
MAIL FRAUD Jingles.  Send me those 2 Opus, 2 Anejo, 2 858SG and I won't report you  :whistling:
[snapback]193568[/snapback]​

Sounds good. :thumbs: Are you shipping the MRN book through USPS? :laugh: ;)
[snapback]193580[/snapback]​

Yes, let me find it first :sign:

... need an anonymous post button...

write on the box, "fragile wedding tapes"

shipped lots of things, never had a problem,
they don't ask, and you might even get better care,
no one wants to spoil someone's wedding video tape.

Never heard that. In fact I've had conversations with my mail man, or whatever the PC term is, about all the cigars I receive and send out and he thinks this is a cool place!

And one day I even had a postmaster at our local office help me with picking out a perfect priority box for cigars I handed her.

Sounds like this is most likely a case of some newbie postal worker mis-interpreting some training video, then thinking they're all smart because they caught this possible infringment.

I like the wedding video scheme!

That's ineresting, 3 cigar shipments ago...i walked in with a bag of cigars, asked for a box, guy behind the counter told me "we're gonna have to go out back and smoke those cigars"

Then proceeded to box it up and send it off!!

LC-Smoker said:
Newman......
[snapback]193980[/snapback]​

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Damn post office. You aren't suppose to mail liquor either, but I think my knob creek pass took that to another level! ;)

Back