• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This is strictly a LOOK AT ME post

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
I collect Balvenie Vintage Casks and this is the latest release, a 1976 distillation bottled in 2008 at 31 years old. Look at the bottle number. Only 202 were produced.

Balvenie%20Vintage%20Cask%201976%20front.JPG

Balvenie%20Vintage%20Cask%201976%20open.JPG

Very cool, Ray!
Congrats on being able to snag one.
I can pretty safely say that I would never have seen one, had you not posted.

Enjoy it! :thumbs:

What does it take for you to crack open a bottle like that Ray? Do you sample it then put it up, hold for special occasions, or leave it unopened?

I strictly collect the Vintage Casks for investment and resale. If this was just some regular bottle out of the run I'd open it for $900-1000, Being as this is bottle #2 you'd have to throw a whole lot more money at me, a whole lot more. I've had some of the ones (1952,1966,1968,1972,1973) but all those in the collection itself are sealed.

What does it take for you to crack open a bottle like that Ray? Do you sample it then put it up, hold for special occasions, or leave it unopened?

Obviously fake! Check out how the "1976" was hastily handwritten on the label as if the label was made for another bottle. :sign:

Congrats, Ray.

Congrats Ray, that is awesome. Is that the bottle from the Paris airport?

Ray,

An AMAZING catch! I am jealous but probably wouldn't have spent the bucks to have such a wonderful bottle.

Hope it is worth the effort!

Blessings!

No, I never was able to get that one and have picked up something else instead. I'm sure it will become available at the most inopportune time though. ;)

Congrats Ray, that is awesome. Is that the bottle from the Paris airport?

so, considering its from my birth year and all, if I showed up at your door step you'd crack it.... right? :p