• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This is the way it SHOULD be

Thats cool :thumbs: :D

THAT....is what should have happened in 1975!!! :(

.....but its NEVER too late!!! COOL VID!!! Thanks :cool:

I saw that happen when my brother came home from the first Gulf War. After he spent 7 months over there between 1990 to 1991, the people in the airport clapped and said thank you to him. Even as we was leaving, people still did it. I agree...this should happen every where in the USA. :thumbs:

Beats the hell out of having crap thrown at me in LAX in '73.

I saw this the other day.

If you can read this, thank a teacher.

If it's in English, thank a soldier.

My respect and gratitude goes to all who have served.

I saw this happen. I went on a business trip to Atlanta in 2007, while I was waiting for my luggage after my flight, I heard applause moving towards me as a group of 8-10 soldiers were making their way through the airport. People were shaking their hands, thanking them, and patting them on back as they walked through....the applause moved like a wave along with them. They were the most humble group of young men & women you could imagine.

Made you very proud to be an American.

I feel your pain Ray... I've been called a 'Baby Killer' (and gotten into a bunch of fights) more times than I've been told "Thank You" since my two tours...

The public has this misconception that everyone that goes 'over there' kills civilians and beats prisoners....

edit to add... I will never be able to completely understand the level of disrespect that Ray encountered upon re-entering the US. All I can do is offer my similar incidents.

I feel your pain Ray... I've been called a 'Baby Killer' (and gotten into a bunch of fights) more times than I've been told "Thank You" since my two tours...

The public has this misconception that everyone that goes 'over there' kills civilians and beats prisoners....

edit to add... I will never be able to completely understand the level of disrespect that Ray encountered upon re-entering the US. All I can do is offer my similar incidents.

Shit, I used to love getting called a baby killer.

Shit, I used to love getting called a baby killer.
It's hard for a baby killer to get laid. That was the worse part.

Doc.

I think most people in this country are extremely grateful for all people (soldiers, officers, fireman, etc.) who risk their lives daily preserving our way of life, law and rituals. Unfortunately, there will always be those who are ungrateful . . . they are oft the most crude and loudest though. Fortunately, at least in my opinion, they are few and far between.

Beats the hell out of having crap thrown at me in LAX in '73.

I was born the next year, so all I know about that time is through books, magazines, movie, etc. I have always held out hope that people in that time weren't as ignorant as portrayed, but I know better.