• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This is where it all happens.

Humidor Minister

Many of you had some wonderful things to say about my work and I thank you. I thought you might like to see where it happens and where I smoke cigars. My BIL and I will usually sit in here, smoke the same cigar and review it. We drink the same thing as well to be consistent. We find this can really make A cigar enjoyable. We also solve the worlds problems too but it never seems to work. The cigar review it more enjoyable anyway. :laugh: The shop is A mess right now after A weekends work. That just means it's used. :whistling: When it gets this messy it's like playing "where's Waldo" with my tools. You might say this is where the woodworking and great cigars collide. :thumbs:
347629754.jpg

347629752.jpg

I gots my eye on the small cabinet in the left of the first pic :whistling:

Very nice :thumbs:
DO you have a site where we can look at your works?

Wow, wish I had something like that, all I have is my garage.

I'd be paranoid about smoking near so much wood dust.

I'm glad you have space for your passion. I love woodworking, but have no space to set up shop. Some day, I hope to have the space and time available to work with wood again.

Many years ago, I built a china hutch with my (now ex-)wife's father, and his father. The hutch turned out beautifully, and I lost it in the divorce, but the memories of that week of building the hutch are mine to keep.

I'm glad you had that experience. I think everyone should get the chance to do some kind of woodworking in their life. It can be quite spiritual. My shop is small. It's 12x20. about the size of A one car garage. I built it in 2007 myself. I was working out of one corner of the car port and it just wasn't enough.
One thing I like the most about the shop is the smell. When you combine the smell of the saw dust and cigars it's quite pleasurable. I will say though, I'm very careful about the ashes. I do get concerned about fire. I had A fire back in 2000. My business burned down. That can be the worst time in ones life I can assure you. Especially if you are under insured. I rebuilt though and moved forward. :thumbs:
This all started with A 200 dollar mini lathe in 2006. It consumed my off time and grew like A weed. I couldn't stop doing it. My real specialty is turning on the lathe but the Humidors really took hold this last year. I only do it for fun. I don't think I could ever do it fast enough to make any money at it. Most of what I build goes for family gifts. It sure is habit forming though. :laugh:

To answer the question about A website, no I don't yet. I've got A guy working on it but haven't heard from him lately.

Thanks for the pics guys. Love the shots of where all the work happens.

I'm a big fan of This Old House and Norm Abrams' New Yankee Workshop. That guy can build anything.

I can't imagine how much fun one could have in a setup like his. I love when he introduces some new jig or tool.

Those shows also can be the source of a fun drinking game.

BR

I'd be paranoid about smoking near so much wood dust.
I'm guessing that the wood dust would be much less likely to become an explosive danger because of the vacuum/dust collector thingie in the corner?

I'm a big fan of This Old House and Norm Abrams' New Yankee Workshop. That guy can build anything.
Those shows make it look so easy. I'd watch and think, I could do that. Then I'd visit Lee Valley tools (they're local to me) and they'd make it sound easy. Then I'd try to do something - I inherited my Dad's woodworking shop, and all his Japanese carpentry tools - measure a thousand times, and make a bad cut. Every time. Then I discovered IKEA, and haven't cranked up the Shopsmith in 20 years ...

Nice shop, nice humi's, and, me being a car freak, nice sound systems!

Nice little set up! I hope to have a nice lil shop some day, nothing too fancy...I like wood working, but am not too good at it. I just made a super simple 8"x54" picture frame this week for Ma and Pa for christmas (using Pa's shop in the top of the barn...shh it's a secret!).

Nice shop.

The previous owner of the house I live in was a cabinet maker and had a shop in the garage. That was one of the features that attracted me to the house. Fully insulated and finished garage with indirect lighting and custom cabinetry.

Unfortunately he didn't leave me the talent or patience to do woodworking.

I'm like BHR, measure numerous times, make the cut and manage to screw it up every time.

Danny

Don't feel bad guys. Trust me I've made more than my share of mistakes. I'm just really good at hiding them :whistling:

That looks really nice, Will you take an aprentice? that work is something to be proud off.

You should take some progessive photos of a project, showing the differant stages. It might inspire some of our fellow BOTLs to give it a whirl.

You should take some progessive photos of a project, showing the differant stages. It might inspire some of our fellow BOTLs to give it a whirl.

It'd be interesting to see everyone's attempt, and the final outcomes. :laugh:

Edit: Post 1500!