• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This seems too good to be true.

I wouldn't bite on it. If you are just starting out and thinking of trying some of those sticks, then spend the money on samplers with just the cigars in them. That type of glass top humidor will tend to leak where the glass meets the wood or the whole seal of the lid may be inferior. I would put my rings and watches in that humi.

Buy a humidor with an all wood exterior, you probably will be opening it all the time just to see your babies anyway. If price of a starter humi is too much for now, put your smokes in a tupperware container with some beads.

....yeah, a teeny little humidor with a selection of mid to crappy sticks for $135.00. Not a great deal.... :whistling:

If you're starting out, you can buy a small cooler and a sack of humidity control beads for ~$50.00. Spend the $85.00 on a Noobie Sampler Trade or contact any of the great merchants that advertise in these forums. Far, far better way to go....

....yeah, a teeny little humidor with a selection of mid to crappy sticks for $135.00. Not a great deal.... :whistling:

If you're starting out, you can buy a small cooler and a sack of humidity control beads for ~$50.00. Spend the $85.00 on a Noobie Sampler Trade or contact any of the great merchants that advertise in these forums. Far, far better way to go....

Good suggestion!

I just bought another 64 qt cooler from Walmart. I think it was around $40 w/ free home delivery.

When I posted this last night, it was $35 to have it shipped, so they must have gotten it back to full price.

I'll check into the Cooler as I've read that's a good way to go, part of me just wanted a wooden humidor because of the way it looks.

When I get my cooler or humi and get it set up, I'll defnitely try and do a trade with someone around here to get a good selection of sticks to try out. I'm just starting and keep doing research and talking myself into and out of things. But it's about time to get this started.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

For $29.99 I'd be all over it, those are some good smokes.

Not $135.

I'm not a fan of the glass top humidors, but CI stands behind their product. If it leaked, which I doubt, they would give you a new one.

If it drops back to $30, get it.

It still has 30$ in the information...hmm, possible pricing mistake on the red tag?

Definitely not worth the money @ $135, at $35 it seems more reasonable, but I'd be wary of the shipping charges on this as it may be on the high side due to the weight of the humidor. I wouldn't be worried about missing it though...CI has offers like this all the time.

I would pass. Although I don't understand all the bias against glass topped humidors. They are beautiful and well, mine doesn't leak at all.

I would pass. Although I don't understand all the bias against glass topped humidors. They are beautiful and well, mine doesn't leak at all.

SJ, I think the leaking part is probably about it. Plus, those of us who live in sunnier environments, the temp tends to go up if the sun is shining through. I stayed away from glasstops because it's too risky for me to worry about leaking through a crappy seal done by a mass manufacturer, but in the end it just comes down to personal preference. :)

Even for $35...I'd still pass.

Sub par quality humidor with a bunch of dog rockets, imo.