• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thompson Brown Bag Sampler-Anyone ever try it?

Joemisery

Just wondering if anyone has tried it out before, (assuming they've done it In the past) and what kind if luck you had. 30 cigars for $40 is a hell of a deal, but not if it's mostly garbage. Thanks.

I would hold on to your money and buy a box from one of the retailers on this site.

Mostly Garbage and those people will have you on their mailing list forever. I've moved three times and they find me!

Do the Newbie Trade Sampler here.............. Excellent value! :thumbs:

Well, that settles that than. :D Thanks for the input. I figured it was more than likely a "too good to be true" situation, but thought I'd ask to be sure.

If Thompson was the last place on earth to buy cigars I'd quit before ever buying from them
again.

Yes do the newbie sampler trade. You will not be disapponted.

I second the newbie sampler thread. Also, for a brown bag sampler you would be better off with the one at Silo Cigars.

x2 on a sampler from Kevin at Silo.

Avoid Thompson if you can. I started there, but have learned alot since then. Last time I bought a sampler from there I had to rehab the gars in the humi.

Agree that you should save the money and go with a retailer here!

Just wondering if anyone has tried it out before, (assuming they've done it In the past) and what kind if luck you had. 30 cigars for $40 is a hell of a deal, but not if it's mostly garbage. Thanks.

3-4 years ago a buddy and I decided to order our first humidors and got them from Thompson and ordered the brown bag 50-pack sampler. I have since upgraded to a 300 capacity humidor and most of the sampler cigars still reside in the bottom of that humidor. Don't wasted your time :)

listen up real good newb. Don't have anything to do with Thompson cigar.

Doc.

Don't have anything to do with Thompson cigar.

Doc.

This is excellent advice. Heed it well.
thumbs-up.gif

Can't talk up the Newbie Sampler Trade enough. A fantastic experience!

Yep. Newbie Sampler is the way to go. Some great guys with some great cigars. Tell them your preferences and they will hook you up.

I also recently did two newbie sampler trades and all I have to say is you will NOT be disappointed. My only regret is that there is a two time maximum because it is a wonderful setup.

Joe.....Next time you come by, I'll hook you up with a newbie sampler, although you and I know you're not smoking "newbie" sticks.

I also recently did two newbie sampler trades and all I have to say is you will NOT be disappointed. My only regret is that there is a two time maximum because it is a wonderful setup.

We need to get this changed to atleast 3...lmao

I have not yet used any online vendors but have looked on Thompson a few times. Can you please elaborate as to what makes Thompson so terrible?

Welcome to Cigar Pass. Why don't you head over to the introduction thread and tell us a little about yourself.

As for Thompson there are many reasons, Quite a few in this thread alone.
My personal opinion is their house brands taste like dog excrement, they are constantly on the up sell, and when buying premiums they don't seem to be in good shape when they arrive.

I have not yet used any online vendors but have looked on Thompson a few times. Can you please elaborate as to what makes Thompson so terrible?

I will post an intro now. Thnaks for the reply. I recieved a 75 count humidor for Christmas and I am pretty new to cigars. I have been lurking here for a while to get some ideas on what to fill my new humidor with. I won a bunch of auctions on Cigarbid. Mostly samplers so I can figure out what I do and do not like. Got a little carried away and will now have to stuff 130 cigars in a 75 count humidor or smoke a bunch right away.

I almost ordered quite a few cigars from Thompson. Glad I did some research first.