• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thompson cigar co.

I can only assume English may be a second language to you gahau as I live in a place where many foreigners reside and visit, but all Doc was trying to tell you is to use proper typing and sentence structure. Now I am a real newb, so placing this comment is going out on a limb, but I'd like to help you because you seem to like the hobby enough to find out more. I have lurked far before I ever joined and many, many people here have helped me avoid using Thompson. I'm glad I ended up using sites that were and still are good to me in terms of doing good business.

Sorry Bunn that they are doing that to you, I've read of others having the same trouble you are going through. :( I have some friends that buy from them and I tried to give them other suggestions, but hey, they still order from them so "to each their own".
english is my third language... but yea i hope it wont annoyed anyone too much if i dont MAJ...
yea as far as for thompson cigars i just wanted to know why ppl dislike em... i mean it was clear that their marketing technique is troublesome but i am trying to see if there where anything wrong with their actual cigars. couldnt find anyone that would actualy tell me why the thompson cigars sucks all i could find is why thompson sucks
PS: i was kidding with the shift key... i am just lazy lol

If you plan on making CP your home, please use your shift key. Properly formatted posts is one of our few rules, so please type like an adult when on CP. Thanks.
Will do

Well Gahau, Thompson Cigar Co. hounds you for YEARS, follows you around to different houses, etc. As far as their cigars, most of their house blends are short fillers, and machine made. They still burn, they still produce smoke, but as far as my palette, I don't find them amicable and not to my taste.

I would suggest Cigars International or even Famous Smoke Shop if you're just starting out and want to buy a whole bunch of stuff. Or, go on over to the Newbie Trade Thread and set up a trade man. Welcome to the business...

ETA: PS- What Rod said too... English is your 3rd, so cheers to you in your education and talent, but you have to use it properly on here. ;)
Ah well thanks for the information! Man I am scared for my thompson order now =( well I am receiving them Monday, and will let you guys know my noob point of view =)
I will check you the references that you pointed out
THANKS

Way to handle yourself gahau, a lot of people may take offense to what Rod told you but you took it well. You may just work out here. Keep reading and learning as there is a vast amount of knowledge on these boards.

As far as Thompsons goes I used to order from them 10 years ago but their house cigars suck bad. They don't burn right, they taste like ass and oh the stalking thing is just the icing on the cake.

I can only assume English may be a second language to you gahau as I live in a place where many foreigners reside and visit, but all Doc was trying to tell you is to use proper typing and sentence structure. Now I am a real newb, so placing this comment is going out on a limb, but I'd like to help you because you seem to like the hobby enough to find out more. I have lurked far before I ever joined and many, many people here have helped me avoid using Thompson. I'm glad I ended up using sites that were and still are good to me in terms of doing good business.

Sorry Bunn that they are doing that to you, I've read of others having the same trouble you are going through. :( I have some friends that buy from them and I tried to give them other suggestions, but hey, they still order from them so "to each their own".
english is my third language... but yea i hope it wont annoyed anyone too much if i dont MAJ...
yea as far as for thompson cigars i just wanted to know why ppl dislike em... i mean it was clear that their marketing technique is troublesome but i am trying to see if there where anything wrong with their actual cigars. couldnt find anyone that would actualy tell me why the thompson cigars sucks all i could find is why thompson sucks
PS: i was kidding with the shift key... i am just lazy lol

If you plan on making CP your home, please use your shift key. Properly formatted posts is one of our few rules, so please type like an adult when on CP. Thanks.
Will do

Well Gahau, Thompson Cigar Co. hounds you for YEARS, follows you around to different houses, etc. As far as their cigars, most of their house blends are short fillers, and machine made. They still burn, they still produce smoke, but as far as my palette, I don't find them amicable and not to my taste.

I would suggest Cigars International or even Famous Smoke Shop if you're just starting out and want to buy a whole bunch of stuff. Or, go on over to the Newbie Trade Thread and set up a trade man. Welcome to the business...

ETA: PS- What Rod said too... English is your 3rd, so cheers to you in your education and talent, but you have to use it properly on here. ;)
Ah well thanks for the information! Man I am scared for my thompson order now =( well I am receiving them Monday, and will let you guys know my noob point of view =)
I will check you the references that you pointed out
THANKS

Way to handle yourself gahau, a lot of people may take offense to what Rod told you but you took it well. You may just work out here. Keep reading and learning as there is a vast amount of knowledge on these boards.

As far as Thompsons goes I used to order from them 10 years ago but their house cigars suck bad. They don't burn right, they taste like ass and oh the stalking thing is just the icing on the cake.
Hehehe you got to pay your dues...
Man you guys are very discouraging as far as with thompsons cigars... =(
hopefully my noob taste buds wont tell the difference until later
Will keep looking around...

PS: Will translate and do French and Chinese paper or HW for cigars! =)

I agree with the stalking thing......I haven't purchased from them in over 4 years and they still send me those damned magazines! What a waste of money. If they spent their money on keeping quality cigars in ideal conditions instead of selling dried up machine crap (from what I hear), then maybe they would earn a better reputation. It is funny because every thompson magazine I get goes straight from the mailbox to the trash can in the yard. They don't even make it in the house!

I agree with the stalking thing......I haven't purchased from them in over 4 years and they still send me those damned magazines! What a waste of money. If they spent their money on keeping quality cigars in ideal conditions instead of selling dried up machine crap (from what I hear), then maybe they would earn a better reputation. It is funny because every thompson magazine I get goes straight from the mailbox to the trash can in the yard. They don't even make it in the house!
When you say magazine you mean catalogue right?
I guess I wouldn't mind getting them at least i can compare their prices! =)

Man a buddy of mine gave me a couple bundles of Thompson's finest. I have tried to smoke a few of them, but just cant stand to do it. I still have 40 or so of them laying around. Gross! But hey...just because I didn't like what I had doesn't mean you wont like what you got. Good luck, and welcome to CP!

Brandon

I too, have ordered from Thompson. Although I don't get any phone calls, I do get a magazine in the mail on a regular basis. I don't mind looking through it when it comes.

Thompson doesn't bother me either. When their "specials" come to my inbox I always check them against CI and Famous. Usually Thompson's special price is still a few $$ higher than at least one of the other two places.

If you like to comparison shop I would strongly recommend checking out www.cigarcyclopedia.com They have a comparison shopper of the top 10 online retailers, which is updated weekly. One of the other guys on this board posted this in another thread (can't remember which one) but it's been a goto resource for me ever since. Here is the link to this weeks shopper.

If you like to comparison shop I would strongly recommend checking out www.cigarcyclopedia.com They have a comparison shopper of the top 10 online retailers, which is updated weekly. One of the other guys on this board posted this in another thread (can't remember which one) but it's been a goto resource for me ever since. Here is the link to this weeks shopper.
Thanks!
I just got the humidor, the turd stick havent arrived yet... i mean for the money the humidor isnt bad... is obviously not going to be the finest but not bad =)
i am checking the hydrometer to see how off it is =)

Back