• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thompson humidors

Tupperware type stuff works ok with Climmax Beads, but you have to remember to open them farely regularly to exchange the air. The seal is so tight that the air will get too wet, even with beads, and that will lead to mold :shiver: :(

I would stay away from that whole company. Basicly the item I really wanted was on backorder indefintly and they did not notify me through email like I requested before sending the rest of my order out. After canceling the backordered item they still charged the same shipping charge, I wanted to return the rest of order, well thats a $7.50 restocking fee, per item I believe. Shipping was way too slow, thier customer service is worthless , I got 3 different stories from 3 different people I talked to , at least two of them were lying. Plus 2 weeks of calls from them on my cell phone.

MrOrange said:
I would stay away from that whole company. Basicly the item I really wanted was on backorder indefintly and they did not notify me through email like I requested before sending the rest of my order out. After canceling the backordered item they still charged the same shipping charge, I wanted to return the rest of order, well thats a $7.50 restocking fee, per item I believe. Shipping was way too slow, thier customer service is worthless , I got 3 different stories from 3 different people I talked to , at least two of them were lying. Plus 2 weeks of calls from them on my cell phone.
[snapback]153898[/snapback]​

Wow, I'm amazed to see this thread resurrected from oblivion. Yes, I was looking at a second humidor at the time that I made the original post. I saw the barrel humidor that Thompson sells and thought that would make a great addition to house my cigars. I had my doubts about it since you pay for what you get, and I just couldn't see a humidor being excellent for slightly less than $100.00. I'm pretty much at full capacity for my present humidor and igloodor, so I've decided to buy a coolidor in two weeks, though I'm still looking around as to what I should get. :cool:

In regards to Thompson's, I can't say that I've had any customer service problems with them. I've made about four or five purchases from them. The only cigar that they produce that I like is the Iguana maduro, which I have three boxes of. I've also purchased a box of Onyx Reserves from them as early as last month. I'm kicking myself now since CI beats Thompson's hands down in terms of price. I've heard a lot about the dreaded Thompson telemarketing calls. I received my first one a week ago, and the person was PUSHY. I worked in the business myself back in the day, and you were obligated to go for two rejections in a call. I think Thompson's telemarketers go until you hang up, which is what I ultimately had to do. :angry2: