• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thompsoncigar.com

Nikon_Assasin

For the folks that might be interested, Thompson now offers buy now pay later with Zip on purchases over $35. Zip is just like Afterpay, Klarna & other similar companies

No commentary on needing to borrow money for $35 in cigars, but if Thompson gets your address, you'll have to move in order to get off their mailing list.

Not kidding.

Hey all of the companies have a minimum amount that needs to be spent, some are more some are around the same.. Shrug It must be working for a lot of folks since the vast majority of companies are using it online & in retail brick & mortar.

This is the worst idea ever… Why would you want to go into debt buying cheap ass cigars???

How exactly would one go in debt? There's a cap on the amount that you can purchase. I guarantee you the vast majority of folks on here use credit cards to purchase cigars & you're in a worse position doing that (with the possible exception of earning points) that doing zip (no interest on the 3 payments) whereas credits cards have varying %'s of interest.

How exactly would one go in debt? There's a cap on the amount that you can purchase. I guarantee you the vast majority of folks on here use credit cards to purchase cigars & you're in a worse position doing that (with the possible exception of earning points) that doing zip (no interest on the 3 payments) whereas credits cards have varying %'s of interest.
Never purchase items of consumption on time, no matter what it is... That item will be gone (up in smoke ), and you will still be paying for it. If you purchase cigars on your CC, pay it off each month. Do not get sucked in to thinking I can afford more than I can, just because I can pay over time with no interest. Be smart, and enjoy what you can, when you can.

I make a few thousand dollars a year from credit card companies. Not everyone carries balances.

I use credit cards to buy everything. First thing like Dan said even 2 points add up over the year. But also it’s a lot easier to pay one bill a month vs carrying cash etc Never carry a balance unless it’s like big purchases like furniture etc with 12 months interest free. In that case why not use their money while mine earns interest

Never purchase items of consumption on time, no matter what it is... That item will be gone (up in smoke ), and you will still be paying for it. If you purchase cigars on your CC, pay it off each month. Do not get sucked in to thinking I can afford more than I can, just because I can pay over time with no interest. Be smart, and enjoy what you can, when you can.

Exactly.

I use credit cards to buy everything. First thing like Dan said even 2 points add up over the year. But also it’s a lot easier to pay one bill a month vs carrying cash etc Never carry a balance unless it’s like big purchases like furniture etc with 12 months interest free. In that case why not use their money while mine earns interest

And this is an excellent counterpoint to what Bill said. It just takes a very disciplined mindset to do this and make it work. Most people are quick to swipe the card, but when it's time to pay up they will put it off or just pay a portion.

Counters to the great points: America is a nation that is built upon keeping you in debt in order to prove to the banks that you can stay in debt. If you have no debt, you cannot go into debt with ease. Ever since I paid my truck off in 2007, I have not had anything on credit (save for the house which we sold in 2010). Since 2010 we've been renting due to being overseas -- so no mortgage payments to count up. I paid in full for everything I needed, bought little of what I wanted, and saved, saved, saved. As a result, my bank accounts are pretty comfortable. Also as a result, I was surprised when I went to co-sign for a car for my 19 year old daughter and found out that she had better credit than I do. Like, I had a goose egg. Zip. Zero. Nada. I could buy any car on the lot of the Lexus dealership with cash if I wanted, but couldn't get financed to do so even at a ridiculous rate.

So, kids, keep your debt rolling monthly however you need to do it... so that you can go into more debt when you want to when that time comes.

Counters to the great points: America is a nation that is built upon keeping you in debt in order to prove to the banks that you can stay in debt. If you have no debt, you cannot go into debt with ease. Ever since I paid my truck off in 2007, I have not had anything on credit (save for the house which we sold in 2010). Since 2010 we've been renting due to being overseas -- so no mortgage payments to count up. I paid in full for everything I needed, bought little of what I wanted, and saved, saved, saved. As a result, my bank accounts are pretty comfortable. Also as a result, I was surprised when I went to co-sign for a car for my 19 year old daughter and found out that she had better credit than I do. Like, I had a goose egg. Zip. Zero. Nada. I could buy any car on the lot of the Lexus dealership with cash if I wanted, but couldn't get financed to do so even at a ridiculous rate.

So, kids, keep your debt rolling monthly however you need to do it... so that you can go into more debt when you want to when that time comes.
Dear Bank of Kann,

I need to take out a personal loan…

Sincerely,

Johnny B