• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thompsons cigars any good?

Toro

I get the catalogs for Thompson cigar about every other month and I notice a lot of Thompson brand cigars. They have some pretty good deals on bundles and I would like to order some, it's just that I'm not sure about how good they'll be. Has anyone here tried any, or would maybe recommend going with or staying away from them?
the price is 50 for $43

Stay away from Thompson's. A word to the wise should be sufficient.

Doc.

I gotta go with Jack and The Doc on this one, I had an "Angel" from Thompson from a guy at work a while ago. He went on and on about how great they were, he got a bundle of em' for like 2 Cents, and they were just really poor smoke, poor quality, overall...GROSS.

I get the catalog too because I originally signed up for a catalog when I first started, but I have yet to order from them. Like I said, I haven't ordered from them.

You DO get what you pay for.

PLEASE stay away from these shit merchants! If you would like a sample of their smokes, shoot me you address in a PM and I will send you a 5er for free. I was burned BAD by these guys and would hate to see it happen to another. I will be more than happy to do this just to help you make that decision on your own without you blowing some cash and being as disappointed as I was and am.

THere is nothing like being stuck with a ton of shitty sticks and your wife not letting you buy anything else until they are gone. Bad thing is, I have 3 bundles left. It SUCKS having to smoke terrible cigars.

Avoid Thompson's by any means necessary. For online ordering I stick with Holts and the vendors from here like Tinderbox.com is a good one imo.

Well, looks like I won't be getting anything from them, thanks for the heads up.

You get what you pay for, let's just leave it at that. There are many bundles out there that are better cigars for less than or right around two bucks a stick. Try Holt's website, jrcigars website, tampasweethearts website or best yet the bottom shelf of your local.

Years ago when I first started out I went with them and in fact you get what you pay for, I would say now that I know better, not to use them, but as a last resort ( meaning if the world was ending and all the other sources of cigars were gone) only order the Brand you know, stay away from their "House" brands.
Good Luck
Holts, Cigars International and Famous are not too bad, just make sure you read before you order. Hope this helps.
CigarAsh

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and for good measure.....................NO

Crappers! I was going to bring you a 5'er of Thompsons if you came to Old World Smoke Shoppe with me on Friday!!!! :sign: :sign: :sign:

BTW, what are you doing this Friday? :whistling:

Be afraid be very afraid!! Do not buy from Thompson. I learned the hard way. First cigars i bought when i got into cigars Were from Thompson. What a great deal. Couldn't smoke most of them It is like smoking mulch or something. I will not buy anything from them because i do not wish to support a company that ruins cigars and screws unknowing people over.

I made the mistake of buying a 30 sampler with the tiny briefcase humidor for $30. I just threw away the last of them 2 days ago after tasting the last variety. They were uniformly terrible! Bad construction, poor draw, sh--ty flavor. At least I got the travel humidor out of the deal or I would feel REALLY BAD!
RUN don't walk!

Thanks again, I was thinking of ordering from these guys, but I just kept telling myself something is not right with this company. :angry: