• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thoughts and Prayers to Oakland Police

DanTheMan

The Original - Except No Substitutes!!!
I was tuning in to tonight's 10:00 news and was shocked to hear that three Oakland police officers had been shot and killed, and one in critical condition, during a traffic stop and the ensuing pursuit by the Oakland S.W.A.T. team. Apparently two were shot during the traffic stop and two more from the S.W.A.T. team during the exchange of gunfire by the assailant and the officers when he went to his apartment. Even more shocking was that this happened in the afternoon around 1:30 in the afternoon. Our condolences to the families of those killed, and prayers for the wounded.
I know there are many police and firemen here at C.P. and I'm sure we never say thank you enough to all those who put their lives on the line everyday to keep us safe.

Link to Story

Oh b.t.w. the assailant was also killed during the shootout at the apartment.

Thoughts and prayers... Every time I hear this it makes my stomach turn. (Example: You don't want to go to jail again because you're driving on a suspended license, so you get in a chase with no regard of who you kill and who's families you destroy. Then shoot the ONE person who is trying to keep everyone else safe!) MAKES ME SICK!!!!! and folks wonder why I don't like people... :angry:

/rant off

Rest In Peace brothers, your lives and the way you lived them will never be forgotten. God Bless.

More of my brothers fall, and it really leaves me with a heavy heart. I hope that their families get all the support they need during this time of sorrow and mourning. I'll be wearing my mourning band on my badge all this next week.

Its saddens me every time I have to open that drawer that contains a small black piece of cloth. The pain of putting that piece of black cloth over my badge breaks my heart. Another senseless killing of my fellow brothers has occurred. Another somber day will come when I have to get dressed in full uniform, stand at attention and watch the family members of the fallen pass by me. I want to reach out and tell them that everything will be OK, but in my mind I know that the pain will never go away. For my brothers that are no longer here in the present but in spirit..THANK YOU for giving the ultimate sacrifice.
Fallen20Officer.jpg

I've been seeing this trend slowly emerge with three strikers and it disgusts me. A couple years back it was a gang banger in San Diego, Camacho iirc?

Was this a three striker? Any CA LEO know the answer? Gun in car of course, out on violent crime so if he had one extra prior he's walking into a three strikes case.

The last couple decades have been much safer for officers, this is a disturbing trend in CA. The family will be in my prayers.

Thoughts and prayers go out to there families. RIP

I mourn the loss, but I'm shocked. Really shocked. Either this guy was Rambo incarnate, or the Oakland PD has some real training opportunities. I have no experience in urban combat, so I look forward to hearing from some of our LEOs on this.

What a tragedy, my condolences to the families.

Bruce, the bad guy always has the advantage.

I mourn the loss, but I'm shocked. Really shocked. Either this guy was Rambo incarnate, or the Oakland PD has some real training opportunities. I have no experience in urban combat, so I look forward to hearing from some of our LEOs on this.

It's pretty easy to get killed on a trafffic stop...You have to open yourself up if you plan on a normal approach...Even a felony stop is dangereous business. Once you leave the area of your car or motorcycle you give up your cover. I don't know how the officers made their approach so I can't offer an opinion on that manner. Hopefully they did not approach on the same side of the suspect vehicle. When I approach a vehicle I check the area for cover and try to make a plan if something goes wrong.

Entering a suspects place of residence when he is or has been an active shooter is especially dangerous. He knows his residence...The cop does not. He knows where the weapons and hiding places are. He knows where he can ambush you best. I've been in a similar situation. You don't realize how many variables there are when you enter another man's house. Every room or hallway holds potential danger. I don't know what happened on the entry so I can't offer an opinion on that either.

I do hope Oakland trains it's officers well. I pray for the fallen officers family and loved ones. We lost too many brothers in that incident.

Yeah, I heard about this too. Makes you train harder...

I bet you boys money that we don't see all the fucking citizens of Oakland rioting for justice for the fallen Officer's families like we did for that guy who got his ass blown off by that BART cop...

Fucking disgusting. :angry: