• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thoughts on Gary Sheffield on the Mets

ncast2523

I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. I suppose only time will tell.

Being a veteran I think he will be good for the team in the locker room, but im not so sure about on the field.

$400,000 thrown in the garbage. If they wanted a clubhouse problem, why not just sign Manny? At least they would get numbers out of him. All the rumors were they stayed away from Manny because of his locker room presence. Well, we can now all see that's a lie.

It was because of the money. But not because they couldn't afford it, but because they didn't see how giving Manny that much money could possibly increase the bottom line enough to justify it. Well, with plenty of tickets available for every game (including opening day), maybe they should re-think that strategy going forward.

If the Mets could've signed Manny for $400,000 they would have. Sheffield is worth signing, especially for league minimum. With Church and Murphy in the corners, the Mets are definitely going to need Sheffield because they're injury prone. He brings a presence to the plate equivalent to and complimenting Delgado's.

At $400k he's a steal! He may have some personality problems but there is no denying the dude can hit. Also, after being released by the Tigers, he now has something to prove and that will drive him to perform. Anyway, if he starts to cause a problem all they have to do is cut him loose and thet're only out whatever is left of that $400k.

I'm creeped out by him being a Met, as are a lot of other fans. Only a matter of time before he shows us his true self. The usual complaints, racism,etc. The good thing is he can be gone quickly if he starts his crap. (I'd hope, anyway ??? )

$400,000 thrown in the garbage. If they wanted a clubhouse problem, why not just sign Manny? At least they would get numbers out of him. All the rumors were they stayed away from Manny because of his locker room presence. Well, we can now all see that's a lie.

It was because of the money. But not because they couldn't afford it, but because they didn't see how giving Manny that much money could possibly increase the bottom line enough to justify it. Well, with plenty of tickets available for every game (including opening day), maybe they should re-think that strategy going forward.

Well, I couldn't have been more wrong on both counts. Glad I screwed this one up. Tonight's shot was pure power, lifting it up off the ground. And last night's made my son's night - his second game at Citi Field, but the first time he got to see the new Apple go up.