• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Time for a contest for newbs

THIS CONTEST SUCKS! :laugh:

As a newbie you hear "Read more, post less", posting once a day is a borderline "Newbie Whore". Even though I don't quite meet that rule I will play.

Some of the people on this forum are some of the most friendly, unselfish people I have met in many years. Besides the wealth of knowledge on here, there is a great group of guys on here. I have never in my life received a package of gifts from a person I have never met in my life. I guess living in a big city like the D.C. area you don't see this type of kindness anymore.

That's all I'm saying until the rules get changed!

DISGRUNTLED POSTER :laugh:

THIS CONTEST SUCKS!

As a newbie you hear "Read more, post less", posting once a day is a borderline "Newbie Whore". Even though I don't quite meet that rule I will play.

Some of the people on this forum are some of the most friendly, unselfish people I have met in many years. Besides the wealth of knowledge on here, there is a great group of guys on here. I have never in my life received a package of gifts from a person I have never met in my life. I guess living in a big city like the D.C. area you don't see this type of kindness anymore.

DISGRUNTLED POSTER

Did you take your lithium today? Why bag on Don's contests rules and yet put in an entry? Just don't play the contest if you are reading into his rules too much, or just PM him first with your concerns about post count before trashing a man's good intentions. I can't play because I'm over 6 months, but I like reading the comments and I know someone will be happy they won.

THIS CONTEST SUCKS!

DISGRUNTLED POSTER

Did you take your lithium today? Why bag on Don's contests rules and yet put in an entry? Just don't play the contest if you are reading into his rules too much, or just PM him first with your concerns about post count before trashing a man's good intentions. I can't play because I'm over 6 months, but I like reading the comments and I know someone will be happy they won.

Didn't mean it like that, the disgruntled part was really a joke. I was having a little fun with my entry, didn't really want to enter the contest because well I am slightly out of his rules. Just poking a little fun

THIS CONTEST SUCKS!

DISGRUNTLED POSTER

A PM would have been better. I do not take it as a insult and please do not worry about it. The reason for my rule is I want these smokes to go to someone new but is a active part of the community. I do not want to give cigars to people who really are not part of the community(not saying you are one) and enter to win free cigars and go back into lurking mode. :thumbs:

Okay, we're cool
thumbs-up.gif

What I enjoy the most is the wide variety of opinions about almost every type of cigar. What I find most useful are the tutorials for those that are new to the cigar covetousness, how to properly “anything and everything”. What impressed me the most was my gracious two-page welcome!

-Jimmy

Although Don stated he would have a FOG pick the winner for his contest, he decided to ask me to do it (I'm actually a FIT - FOG In Training :D ). It was a tough decision as all were good posts, however after reading through all the entries, I decided to go with Mr. Ty Atkinson. I think it was the "Respect can be earned in time" that caught my attention most. Congrats to the winner and a huge thanks to Don for putting forth an excellent contest.

Different Responses multiple opinions and reviews, DataBase of 9+ years of knowledge. Open and Freindly to new members, Active vendors and Trades that allow members access to multiple varities of size and origin. Passes Bombs and Herfs!. Respect Can be earned in time. Passion for Cigars and new things!

Although Don stated he would have a FOG pick the winner for his contest, he decided to ask me to do it (I'm actually a FIT - FOG In Training :D ). It was a tough decision as all were good posts, however after reading through all the entries, I decided to go with Mr. Ty Atkinson. I think it was the "Respect can be earned in time" that caught my attention most. Congrats to the winner and a huge thanks to Don for putting forth an excellent contest.

Different Responses multiple opinions and reviews, DataBase of 9+ years of knowledge. Open and Freindly to new members, Active vendors and Trades that allow members access to multiple varities of size and origin. Passes Bombs and Herfs!. Respect Can be earned in time. Passion for Cigars and new things!

Congratulations Ty Atkinson!!!

Definatly honored and more then excited to be chosen for this, will really be interesting to experience first hand some of the cigars i have only read reviews about!

Thank you all!

PS. At least i know who to blame if i latch on to one of these brands :p

Definatly honored and more then excited to be chosen for this, will really be interesting to experience first hand some of the cigars i have only read reviews about!

Thank you all!

Yourself for entering a great submission to a contest? :thumbs:

Thank you all!

Congrats Ty please PM me your shipping info and I will get this out to you in a day or 2 and will PM you a DC#. Please enjoy. :thumbs:

Even hough this contest is over, Im going to leave my "would of" repsonse here:

What I enjoy best about CP is the feeling of community acceptance, support and approval of my cigar smoking. My wife or family may not like my cigar smoking, but I find brothers and sisters in all of you.