• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Time to get the Eggnog started!

Wolfie

Alien
Doc's peaches got me thinking... now is about the right time to start considering eggnog. This is the recipe I use and like a lot of eggnog recipes, it needs to age. The longer the better. I've had some aged 6 months or more... it just gets better.

Eggnog:
12 egg yolks
2 cups sugar
1 cup heavy cream
4 cups whole milk
4 cups bourbon
1/2 cup gold rum
3/4 cup cognac
Pinch kosher salt

Mix, bottle and chill. I put mine in empty growlers covered in foil. Keep your workplace clean, store it in a lightproof vessel in the back of your chill chest and I assure you the alcohol content will take care of the rest! You could take it fresh but it'll be sharp. 3 weeks would be good. 6 would be better.

I like mine straight up with freshly grated nutmeg, but if you take 10 egg whites and a cup and a half of heavy cream, whipping to soft peaks and fold into the nog, you'll get a nice light fluffiness people seem to enjoy a lot.

hmm, yes, I suppose saloon would have been appropriate. When I start pulling out wisks and bowls, I take a mental diversion from bartending to cooking, it seems...I'm not quite sure how to move it, of course.

Unless Rod puts forth the effort (which he won't as it isn't that important) it can't be moved.