• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Timepiece Death, The search for a new Watch

Anthem

Stay Thankful
Dear Family,

Title says it all. Took old trusty in this week for her check up and she is dead as a door nail. It was not a Rolex but not a piece of junk either. :angry:

My problem is that I have a Tag Huer taste on a, well, 300 dollar budget.

I am looking for non strap dress watches. No gold or diamonds.

In reading some old posts Invicta was a popular mention on a somewhat related topic, but the reason for buying the watch was different and the dollar amount was higher.

I am not up to par with what good brands are at the moment. Also, I am not up on what places are best to find these, or if used watches are a better value? Are there any CP jewelers I can support?

I would love any thoughts or ideas, and I thank you very deeply.

I went with a Tissot and love it, here is a picture:

T41.1.483.33.jpg

Alex was rocking a sick Invicta this weekend. Check those bad boys out! Automatic movement, nice heavy watch.

Being a watch whore. Owning over 40+ Watches ranging from Casio to Zenith.

For your range I suggest.

Automatic mov't

Invicta Grand Diver (Submariner type watch). I have not put mine down since I purchased it.

Price= Under $300 Model 3044

Blue face
Black face
Red face

Movement:
Automatic 21 jewel * Shock resistant

Case and dial:
47mm * Surgical grade solid stainless steel * Unidirectional turning bezel * Screw down stainless steel skeleton exhibition case back * Etched helmet logo on screw down crown * Anti-reflective mineral crystal with magnifier * Genuine mother of pearl dial * Tritnite® luminous hands and markers * Date display

Band:
Surgical grade solid stainless steel with diver buckle and safety clasp * Helmet logo molded on the solid end pieces of the band

Water resistant: 300 meters

watch_3044.jpg

I can suggest more. But need to know more.

-case size you are looking for
-auto or quartz movement
-leather strap, stainless steel strap, rubberized strap
-stainless steel color, rosegold color, gold color, black adonized, two-tone color
-movement type. (japanese ,swiss) complicated movt, simple movement
-skeleton case

Being a watch whore. Owning over 40+ Watches ranging from Casio to Zenith.

For your range I suggest.

Automatic mov't

Invicta Grand Diver (Submariner type watch). I have not put mine down since I purchased it.

Price= Under $300 Model 3044

Blue face
Black face
Red face

Movement:
Automatic 21 jewel * Shock resistant

Case and dial:
47mm * Surgical grade solid stainless steel * Unidirectional turning bezel * Screw down stainless steel skeleton exhibition case back * Etched helmet logo on screw down crown * Anti-reflective mineral crystal with magnifier * Genuine mother of pearl dial * Tritnite® luminous hands and markers * Date display

Band:
Surgical grade solid stainless steel with diver buckle and safety clasp * Helmet logo molded on the solid end pieces of the band

Water resistant: 300 meters

watch_3044.jpg

I can suggest more. But need to know more.

-case size you are looking for
-auto or quartz movement
-leather strap, stainless steel strap, rubberized strap
-stainless steel color, rosegold color, gold color, black adonized, two-tone color
-movement type. (japanese ,swiss) complicated movt, simple movement
-skeleton case

x2 on this watch. I have it also and its a very nice watch.

Can I get on honest opnion on This Invicta: http://www.worldofwatches.com/detail.asp?b...riance_id=71330

Any ideas on the seller, maye if it is bad stuff you can PM me? I also wonder, on a gentelman's level, if the rubber cross with the steel in the bad will cheapen the look, what about after time or with scuffs? OR will the rubber resist the scuffing that pure stainless gets over time, probably only opnions anwers here, but I would still love to know.

I like the Invicta you had mentioned above.

Now off to investigate the Tissot.

Thanks to all for the help and please keep it coming.

Can I get on honest opnion on This Invicta: http://www.worldofwatches.com/detail.asp?b...riance_id=71330

Any ideas on the seller, maye if it is bad stuff you can PM me? I also wonder, on a gentelman's level, if the rubber cross with the steel in the bad will cheapen the look, what about after time or with scuffs? OR will the rubber resist the scuffing that pure stainless gets over time, probably only opnions anwers here, but I would still love to know.

Dont forget invictas has a 5 yr warranty (if bought thru shopnbc.com)
For Invicta Purchase from shopnbc.com especially when they have their "SALES" you can find the Sea spider Xl for under the price you paid. I paid $240 shipped during the Sping into Invicat sale they had last month.
Also it is a special polyurethane (invicta calls it thermopolymer)

If you like rubberized straps check out Invicta's Akula line and or the Subawua venom... :thumbs:

Nothing cheap looking about that watch..Look at the Hublot Big bang 5K plus watch on a rubber strap..Watch is elegant as hell!
301_SX_130_RX_steel.jpg

I recommend going to http://www.chronoshark.com . Works like Joe's Cigars on CI in the sense that they have a new watch deal daily. I have seen some pretty nice watches at even nicer prices. Well worth checking out.

jj_ch_7754B.jpg

The MSRP says $395 but I'm quite certain I didn't pay over $300. I've been really happy with it. Jules Jurgensen #7754B.

julesjurgensen.com

Just my $.02,

Bill

Dont forget invictas has a 5 yr warranty (if bought thru shopnbc.com)
For Invicta Purchase from shopnbc.com especially when they have their "SALES" you can find the Sea spider Xl for under the price you paid. I paid $240 shipped during the Sping into Invicat sale they had last month.
Also it is a special polyurethane (invicta calls it thermopolymer)

If you like rubberized straps check out Invicta's Akula line and or the Subawua venom... :thumbs:

Nothing cheap looking about that watch..Look at the Hublot Big bang 5K plus watch on a rubber strap..Watch is elegant as hell!

Holy massive pics Batman! That is one slick watch.

Bfreeborn,

The pic of that watch looks simply elegant. While I do not have the money right now, I was wondering how much that watch cost you? Where did you buy it? It looks nicer than a Citizen watch in my opinion.

Steven

I second the Tissot. I have the PR50, it has been a sturdy watch considering how careless I can be with it.

untitled-1.jpg

I have to be honest guys, I am leaning towards the Invicta, either the one shown or a black ceramic I found. I am giving it a few nights sleep to be sure. I do like the picture of the Tissot, but the JJ is not my personal style, though I do appreciate it.

What is the opinion on some of the lower priced Invicta watches? I'm not really a "watch guy", but I'd like to get another watch to wear while I send my Seiko in for a new seal and capacitor. I don't want to spend a ton on it and some of the lower priced models look pretty nice without trying to be showpieces. Is there some quality there or would it just be a waste?

Seiko also makes some very nice watches. Many of their dive watches have their "hardlex" crystals. They are very tough and will tolerate an active life. They are very scratch resistant, so your watch will look brand new even after after years of wear. I bought my son one and he wore it daily for 5 years. It stlll looks new. We recently replaced it with an Omega Planet Ocean (a college graduation present).

You can also shop used. Several places on the web (timezone is one) offer a sales forum that is much like our sales forum here on CP. Or perhaps a local shop. You might be able to find a vintage name-brand watch that needs a good home. For the kind of money you are talking (plus the cost of a complete service if want it working like new....about $300 for a mechanical watch), I own a 1965 Omega Seamaster and a 1932 Illinois pocket watch. The pocket watch looked like this when I got it:
standard.jpg

And now it looks like:
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Happy Hunting!

Why not check out Movado, well at least an outlet store. They make watches for many differnt name brand retailers, I bought a Hugo Boss watch from an outlet store close to me last year for $500, It was originally listed for $1100. They had a lot of great choices and deals there.

Why not check out Movado, well at least an outlet store. They make watches for many differnt name brand retailers, I bought a Hugo Boss watch from an outlet store close to me last year for $500, It was originally listed for $1100. They had a lot of great choices and deals there.

Yep! I was just in there - they had a HUGE sale on their entire SE line. I was a little miffed - bought an SL last year for over $1,000 - was marked down to under $600.

You can't beat their deals for quality and durability.

0605825.jpg