• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Timepiece Death, The search for a new Watch

I've been a watch guy for a while and the deal on Invicta is: ok watch, good price, lots of styles and choices, not easily repaired. Most watch repair places won't touch them. At that price point, they are cheaper to replace than repair. You can find them for sale on the shopping channels and mall kiosks.

Never had any issues with any of my Invictas. The 5 yr warranties are solid. Whenever I have needed a cleaning/lube, the local jeweler had no problems doing it for me. As far as repair I have to agree with your assesment , it'susually alot cheaper to buy a replacement Invicta. So far all my Invictas have lasted well past their warranty periods.

The Miyota movement inside most Invictas is a workhorse, so you could do a lot worse. Where Invicta seems to fall down is at the higher end of their product range; the process QC isn't in line with other pieces at the same price point.

The 8926 - a stripped down, Rolex Sub clone - has a great rep as a solid watch that'll last for years and not make you cry when you beat it up. My only Invicta is the Sky King, a clone (of course) of the Rolex Air King. Good interview watch, sharp without being flashy.

The I Force Sport looks really sharp. The "Seiko NH25" movement is made by a chinese Seiko joint venture - it's a copy of the 7S25A. Which, again, is a workhorse, designed to go years without maintenance. (It's not usual to see 6309's that have gone 20 years without cleaning and lubrication).

Popped a new black with orange stitching band on my black and orange Orient last night , and wearing that today. Happy Halloween, everyone.