• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tip toeing at the edge......

emodx said:
TheBeast said:
If someone sends me a cigar I like or would like to try...I gaurantee I'll smoke it within 48hrs. of delivery.  Now thats a PROMISE!!! :D
I usually give my cigars a 3 day nap minimum before I indulge. My problem lies in the fact that the gnerous guys here tend to send 6-8 cigars at a time. I smoke about 8 cigars every 2 weeks, so there lis the problem for me. The one thing that saves me is that when I get underway, I smoke the 3-4 cigars a week, but when I pull into that lush tropical port, I can smoke 4-5 a day.
wiggle.gif
wiggle.gif
wiggle.gif
Some time soon I hope to complete a trade or pass where I get bak the same amount or less cigars than I send out. LOL

Emo
Start smoking more Emo! :D

Hmmmm,

Some very interesting points are made here but I think something else ought to be tossed in for consideration.

Over the past six months, I have built up quite a large inventory of cigars but ya know what, I really have NO IDEA who gave me what. Most of my cigars came from winning cigarpool twice this year so I have a HUGE variety of cigars, with one of darn near every brand of cigar that's sold by the big internet sellers. I've received a number of cigars from people here (via bombs, trades and gifts) and I've participated in a significant number of passes. I honestly have no idea where 3/4 of my cigars came from. I don't know if I:
1. Bought them on line or at my local cigar store
2. Bought them from a CPasser
3. Received them as part of a trade with a CPasser
4. Took them as a "take" in a pass
5. Received them as part of a bomb
6. Received them as a gift or from my "Secret Santa"
7. Received them as a result of being on my "wish list"

Within the last month, I actually put together a database of all my cigars and added a column called "From" meaning where did I get this cigar from. So now, I'm a more organized than I was before but most people have other things to do with their time than I do :D

I believe that cigars obtained via #1-4 above are free game for me to sell, trade, bomb, gift or start a pass with. I personally would not sell cigars that I received via #5 & #6 but I do think that is is acceptable to trade, put in/start a pass or use as a bomb on someone else with cigars obtained this way. I personally would not SELL, trade or use these cigars to start a pass with but I would also not hold it against someone if they sold cigars that I gifted or bombed them with because as someone stated before, they are that person's cigars and they get to do what they want with them and take the consequences that go along with that action (like possibly offending someone).

I think it's pretty low if you sell, trade, put or bomb ANY cigars you receive via #7.

So, if you don't want to keep track of where you got the cigars, bottom line is you better darn well keep the cigars you received via #7 SEPARATE from anything else or you may incur the wrath of a fellow CPasser. Just an idea to think about. ;)

Personally, I would never sell a cigar that was gifted to me. The only cigars I have ever sold are ones where I bought a full box and decided that I didn't want to keep all of them.
But I would caution everyone not to leap to any conclusions if you see me adding a cigar to a pass and you think it was one that you sent to me. It might in fact be one that I acquired on my own. For example, I recently received a couple of PAMs via trade and gift. I also recently purchased some PAMs over the Internet. So if you see me add a PAM in a box pass (and I assure you that you soon will), please don't assume it was one you sent to me.

You mean you can actually sell cigars ??? And all I have been doing is buying them!!!

Just before I left on this deployment I started adding my own personal band to a lot of my cigars. Hopefully it will help me keep track of the age of the cigar and hw I came about the cigar.

Emo