• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tired of paying too much for home phone service

Aside from the flashy home screen, there's not much depth to the site. I clicked onto the FAQ link and ended up with a programming error.

Seems too fly by night for me...

What's a home phone? I haven't had one for 10 years.

Heck, if the place you lives in goes wi-fi all over, you might even be able to use these internet providers on your wi-fi enabled cell phone and never pay for a phone line.

No kickback here. Wondered if anyone else had seen this before...

A friend emailed me the link today. I'm thinking about trying out the trial to see how it is. I don't get good cell phone coverage in my apartment and I am curious as to the quality.

*edit to add*

I am curious about this product for a couple reasons.... 1. I want to see how it compares to skype, vonage, charter, etc...., being that it is the first "plug and play" on the market and the price seems to be better than the other broadband phone services. 2. My company was purchased by T-Mobile and we will soon be selling a product like this that works with your existing cell phone number for a lot cheaper and I want to see how it compares to our product since it will be competing with us.

In my original post I didn't have the time to write all this.

Get used to it, sportsfans. This is where we're headed. Think of it as subprime mortgages for telecomm.

This is nothing new. He is a VOIP provider, nothing more. Free LD + some limited international is nothing new either. 911 is usually optional, but seems to be included here. He has better marketing than most.

So how much do you get paid per click?

<--- hasn't had a home phone in 5yrs

No kickback here. Wondered if anyone else had seen this before...

A friend emailed me the link today. I'm thinking about trying out the trial to see how it is. I don't get good cell phone coverage in my apartment and I am curious as to the quality.

*edit to add*

I am curious about this product for a couple reasons.... 1. I want to see how it compares to skype, vonage, charter, etc...., being that it is the first "plug and play" on the market and the price seems to be better than the other broadband phone services. 2. My company was purchased by T-Mobile and we will soon be selling a product like this that works with your existing cell phone number for a lot cheaper and I want to see how it compares to our product since it will be competing with us.

In my original post I didn't have the time to write all this.

You still have to have software!

It's just that it kicks-off when you plug in the USB device.

"the MagicJack software launched automatically"

And there's this - "On the 31st day you will be charged
$39.95 plus $6.95 s&h"

I get paid as much per click as you get paid for everytime in this thread that you took the time to read before asking questions that have already been asked and answered, which by my count is NOTHING. :thumbs:

What's a home phone? I haven't had one for 10 years.

Heck, if the place you lives in goes wi-fi all over, you might even be able to use these internet providers on your wi-fi enabled cell phone and never pay for a phone line.
Please elaborate for us less blessed with modern technological brains :laugh: :whistling:

Brian

I get paid as much per click as you get paid for everytime in this thread that you took the time to read before asking questions that have already been asked and answered, which by my count is NOTHING. :thumbs:

I think your buddy is probably getting paid but it is more likely pay-per-sale than pay-per-click. I don't know if you are familiar with affiliate marketing but usually if a URL ends with with or contains "=xxx" somewhere after the dot com, someone is definetely tracking the activity of that link and someone is most likely getting paid.

I am certain thee are lots of guys on here that understand affiliate tracking much better than I.

I think your buddy is probably getting paid but it is more likely pay-per-sale than pay-per-click. I don't know if you are familiar with affiliate marketing but usually if a URL ends with with or contains "=xxx" somewhere after the dot com, someone is definetely tracking the activity of that link and someone is most likely getting paid.

I am certain thee are lots of guys on here that understand affiliate tracking much better than I.

Yes I am familiar with affiliate marketing. And although I have only been a member here for a little over a month, I am not new to forums and dont have any intention of making a quick buck by posting a link for you to click on so i get paid.

My buddy is my roommate. He found the link while searching for different VOIP services and told me about it. Neither of us had heard about it until he found it on Monday. He isnt getting a kickback either. Im sure someone is getting paid but its no one that I know.

Yes I am familiar with affiliate marketing. And although I have only been a member here for a little over a month, I am not new to forums and dont have any intention of making a quick buck by posting a link for you to click on so i get paid.

My buddy is my roommate. He found the link while searching for different VOIP services and told me about it. Neither of us had heard about it until he found it on Monday. He isnt getting a kickback either. Im sure someone is getting paid but its no one that I know.

I sense that you are not THE affiliate. However, if you are familiar with affiliate marketing as you say, you would have noted the trailing affiliate code which, as steamboat pointed out, derives income for someone.

Then next time, simply remove the trailing affiliate link and nobody will question your motives. :D

Brian

I am familiar with them but I dont know that much about them, and it shows because I didn't even realize that I had purchased one from an affiliate until it was pointed out here. My noob is showing again...

Then next time, simply remove the trailing affiliate link and nobody will question your motives. :D

Brian

Looking back now I wish I had. I am usually quick to grab my pitchfork when someone makes a noob mistake on the internet and I see now that I made one myself.

/grabs pitchfork
/sees reflection in mirror
/stabs self

:sign:

My bad buddy, I wasn't paying attention when the link was sent to me and I know all about affiliate codes. Then again I wasn't expecting the link to go any further either... more for competitive information purposes cause I have no intention of purchasing one nor promoting it.

You could go edit your OP and remove the affiliate code that way we aren't giving free advertising to an unkown party.

You could go edit your OP and remove the affiliate code that way we aren't giving free advertising to an unkown party.

Good idea.