• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tivo!

Lee

Well, after all of the advice, I got the wife a Tivo and she loves it!

Right now, I wired it up in line with the VCR via cable and RCA jacks so she can watch one while recording another.

I have it split on the phone line right now but I eventually want to hook it up to my router. Only problem is, I have a 4 port and they're all being used.

Question: Do I need to upgrade to an 8 port or is there a daisy chain or switch I can use instead?

TIA

Lee :D

Leebo8-9-8 said:
......is there a daisy chain......
[snapback]153552[/snapback]​

No place left for this to go but down in the gutter...... ROFLMAO! :cool:

Unplug one of the router ports, buy a cheap switch, like a four or eight port, run one cable from the now empty router port to the switch, and one cable to the tivo and the other to whatever used to be plugged into the router.

This would definately be cheaper and easier than another router.

Cool! What is that thing called? A switch?

I have become a TiVOhollic. I bought my latest TiVO it is a HD reciever and TiVO combined for my DirecTV service, in which I have 2 channels, so as you know, I can record one show and watch another at the same time.

Yeah I know not a new concept but I like it. Now since I already had a TiVO, I just moved it into the bedroom where I hooked it up to my single satellite connection which worked great, but today I installed an off air antenna so I can get even more HD channels :thumbs: :thumbs: , and while I was up there I noticed that my dish had an extra connection for a cable, so I hooked up the fourth cable and ran it to my reciever in the bedroom, and what do you know, I now have 2 channels in my bedroom. :love: :thumbs:

So now I can record 3 different programs and watch another live channel, OR record 4 different channels and watch a recorded program. OHH BOYYY!!! The choices are endless. :love:

Backslide420 said:
I went wireless with My Tivo. Man It's great
[snapback]154451[/snapback]​

Mine is connected via wireless too!

Do you know about the soon to be released TiVoToGo?

Rumor has it that you will be able to take shows from your TiVo and watch/store them on your PC, plus other cool things.

I think its out tomorrow. Only thing is I have the DirectTV Tivo which doesn't work with TivoGo. Bastards.

Ohh yeah you need the new version of the Tivo Desktop.
Tivo Desktop Vers. 2.0
4.9.4.1.tivotogo_np.gif

Lee I have a spare switch; if you want it its yours. PM sent.

-Matt-