• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

To Be DIS - continued !

centurycigar

Rare Stamp & Coin Dealer
Got this from my other board.
These sticks will be discontinued soon, pay attention to the packaging.
Some sizes are just be discontinued in 5, 15 packs, etc.

MARCA/VITOLA DE SALIDA/PACKAGING

BOLIVAR / CORONAS / CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

DIPLOMATICOS / DIPLOMATICOS / No.1 CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

DIPLOMATICOS / DIPLOMATICOS / No.3 CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

H.UPMANN / MONARCAS / CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

HOYO DE MONTERREY / HOYO CORONAS / CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

HOYO DE MONTERREY / SHORT HOYO CORONAS / CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

JUAN LOPEZ / CORONAS / CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

JUAN LOPEZ / PANETELAS SUPERBA / CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

PARTAGAS / CHURCHILLS DE LUXE / CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

PARTAGAS / CORONAS / CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

PARTAGAS / PARTAGAS No.1 / CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

QUAI D'ORSAY / GRAN CORONA / SBN-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

RAFAEL GONZALEZ / LONSDALES / CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

RAFAEL GONZALEZ / PANETELAS / CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

RAFAEL GONZALEZ/ SLENDERELLAS / CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

REY DEL MUNDO / CORONAS DE LUXE / CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

REY DEL MUNDO / TAINOS / SLB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

ROMEO Y JULIETA / TRES PETIT CORONAS / CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

SAINT LUIS REY / LONSDALES / CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

SANCHO PANZA / BACHILLERES / CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

SANCHO PANZA / CORONAS / CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

SANCHO PANZA / CORONAS GIGANTES / CB-UW-n-10-n-10

SANCHO PANZA / SANCHOS / CB-UW-n-10-n-10

SANCHO PANZA / SANCHOS / CB-UW-n-5-W/B-5

FONSECA COSACOS D-C-C/P-3-S/F-15

HOYO DE MONTERREY / DOUBLE CORONAS / D-C-C/P-3-n-15

HOYO DE MONTERREY / LE HOYO DES DIEUX / D-C-C/P-5-n-25

HOYO DE MONTERREY / LE HOYO DES DIEUX / SLB-UW-GPSR-M-n-50

HOYO DE MONTERREY / LE HOYO DU DEPUTE / D-C-C/P-5-n-25

HOYO DE MONTERREY / LE HOYO DU DEPUTE / SLB-UW-GPSR-M-n-50

HOYO DE MONTERREY /LE HOYO DU MAIRE / D-C-C/P-5-n-25

HOYO DE MONTERREY / LE HOYO DU PRINCE / D-C-C/P-5-n-25

HOYO DE MONTERREY / LE HOYO DU PRINCE / SLB-UW-GPSR-M-n-50

HOYO DE MONTERREY / LE HOYO DU ROI / D-C-C/P-5-n-25

LA FLOR DE CANO / PETIT CORONAS / D-C-C/P-5-n-25

LA FLOR DE CANO / SELECTOS / D-C-C/P-5-n-25

PARTAGAS / HABANEROS / D-C-C/P-5-n-50

PUNCH / CHURCHILLS / CB-UW-C/S-9,9,7-A/T-25

SAINT LUIS REY / CHURCHILLS / CB-UW-C/S-9,9,7-A/T-25

SAINT LUIS REY / CORONAS / CB-UW-C/S-9,9,7-A/T-25

SAINT LUIS REY / PETITE CORONAS / CB-UW-C/S-9,9,7-A/T-25

SAINT LUIS REY / PETITE CORONAS / D-C-C/P-5-n-25

TRINIDAD / FUNDADORES / SBN-UW-n-10-n-50

VEGAS ROBAINA / FAMILIAR / CB-UW-C/S-10-A/T-10

:angry:

Altadis sucks!

I know, I know...gotta make what's profitable. But they're sending some real gems to the woodshed.

Sheesh,

Like the cut lists before it, this one is a mixture of the sensible and the outrageous. In the sensible category, I'd say many of the cardboard pack packages (although the dressed and SLB versions remain). In the outrageous category: Bolivar Coronas, Partagás Churchills Deluxe, Partagás Coronas, ERdM Tainos.

BTW, I've never seen VR Familiars in 10-ct tubes. Anyone?

Wilkey

In the outrageous category: Bolivar Coronas, Partagás Churchills Deluxe, Partagás Coronas, ERdM Tainos.

I'd like to add the Rafael Gonzales Lonsdale. Though I've never smoked the lonsdale it was the first lonsdale was it not? Seems sad...

One has to wonder if Habanos is not trying to kill off anything resembling the "old" names... Coronas, Lonsdales, Churchills. Look at the Cohiba, VR and Trinidad lines. Not a "familiar" name among them outside of the CoRo. I have to think that they have decided to get rid of the classic names and shapes.

One has to wonder if Habanos is not trying to kill off anything resembling the "old" names... Coronas, Lonsdales, Churchills. Look at the Cohiba, VR and Trinidad lines. Not a "familiar" name among them outside of the CoRo. I have to think that they have decided to get rid of the classic names and shapes.

What an intriguing and insightful observation, LP. I'd say the same holds true for the Guantanamera but Vegueros actually harkens back to some classic vitolas de galera for their names (Mareva, Seoane, Especiale).

What reason do you think the people at Habanos might have for blotting out the classic names?

Wilkey

IMHO, these cigars which are going to be discontinued is sad. These are some of the cigars that gives the smoker variety. The variety is what makes these regional (ISOM) cigars intriguing. Personally, I like the HdM Le Hoya du Roi's. Sure, there are other cigars that have complexity and fullness. However, as we all know if we smoke that one cigar over and over it becomes one-dimensional. Just a thought... :whistling:

All I can say is woow what a bad move. I can't believe how deep the axe swings.

I don't know if this is related or not, but I've heard the the next batch of Cuban EL will contain more maduro cigars which equals more time in the curing barn.

I wonder if this is related :whistling:

Some good smokes biting the dust. Wonder why they are discontinued especially the robaina familiar.

Some good smokes biting the dust. Wonder why they are discontinued especially the robaina familiar.

Just the packaging of 10.

The last bunch of number indicates the format in which these are retailed.

Can this info be confirmed elsewhere?

The discontinuance of the Boli coronas would be a sure disappointment ???

antaean

One account suggests that this list is not yet cast in stone. It is still not known the certainty with which each items faces extinction.

Wilkey

Wow, there are some great sticks on this list.

I hope this does not happen.

They are wiping out almost the whole of the SP marca! I'll also sorely miss the SC Gran Coronas.

It look like they are also wiping out the entire HOYO DE MONTERREY / LE HOYO line.

That is a real shame, I love these cigars...

Well, leave it ot last minute info to make a liar out of me. The latest is that the list is pretty set int stone. The Bolivar and Pratagas Coronas might have a chance if there is enough public uproar against their cancellation.

Wilkey

It look like they are also wiping out the entire HOYO DE MONTERREY / LE HOYO line.

That is a real shame, I love these cigars...

Nope. Go read my post about the discontinued list "clarification" :D

The string of seemingly non-sensical numbers and letters after the cigar name is packaging information. For the Le Hoyos, the 25-count cabinet slide lid boxes will still be produced and are in no danger. Only the 50-count boxes and boxes containing cardboard 5-packs are being axed.

What reason do you think the people at Habanos might have for blotting out the classic names?

Sorry for the delay.

I think they are reshaping the marques. My guess is that they are trying to create a different tone (for lack of better word) for each line. No reason for them all to have all the (main) sizes. And I have to think that they are trying to get away from the names of the past, like a lot of other makers are. Many of the non-Cuban companies don't use names such as corona, lonsdale or Churchill. They make the size but don't call it that. Many don't even make most of the classic sizes. How many non-Cuban companies make a true petit corona? Or corona? Or Lonsdale? With Altadis on board, one has to wonder if they aren't behind this.

Can't believe the ERDM Tainos is being discontinued. IMHO the best cigar with age I have ever had.