• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

To Nub or Not to Nub?

How far down do you typically try smoke your cigars?

• I always go for the nub!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I smoke them pretty far down, leaving maybe an inch or so.

• I let the cigar tell me when to stop.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I rarely smoke them more than halfway.

• Total voters
smokelaw1 said:
Zeebra said:
According to Zino, you're not supposed to smoke a cigar more than halfway down. Of course he was in the business of selling cigars...
[snapback]298809[/snapback]​

I thought that quote was corrected, and what he meant was that if a cigar goes out, you should nto re-light if it is more than halfway down?
I don't rememebr where I saw that.
[snapback]298816[/snapback]​

I stand corrected. Apologies to Zino, who's herfing away with some of the greats in that big cigar bar in the sky.

Shibumi said:
I hit the wrong button and voted for an inch or so, but I meant to hit "I let the cigar tell me when to stop". :p

Here is the nub King........Rob300C
NYC%20Herf%2011-05%20014.jpg

[snapback]298817[/snapback]​

I only nub when I smoke good cigars...
I looove the end...
Belive it or not I don't always nub...

just usually! :sign:

-Rob

For me so far a cigar only gets interesting just over half way! smoking down to the nub they can get a little harsh but i dont mind that.

Now that I'm smoking better sticks, I have found myself nubbing more lately. My wife made fun of me the other night when she looked at what was left over of a PAM (all that could really be seen was ash) :laugh:

Definitely nub it as far as I can if it's decent. I've had to stop smoking a stick early only very rarely. I guess I've lucked out avoiding crap sticks.

It just depends...the MX2 I had last night I quit when I burned my fingers. The Helix maduro I smoked the night before, I left most of it!

:D

I always let the cigar tell me when to stop. The fact is that recently I have rarely been disappointed with my selections so they were always savored to the nub. :cool: That would make me an accidental nubbler! :p

very rarely do i burn my fingers, most of the time it's to an inch of the head. do remember that one fuente sg chateau, wow!

I usually go until i cant go anymore. Wheteher it be form the temperature to the taste to me it really doesn't matter. I try to enjoy each cigar for as long as possible!

I let the cigar tell how far down to smoke it. Once I am no longer enjoying it, down it goes. It might be after an inch...it might be with only 1/2 inch remaining.

I always give a stick to at least halfway. After that I toss it as soon as it starts heading south.

Good sticks stored at the right RH will make you want to "go for the nub" which is what I voted. If they start tasting like a dry bale of hay and getting hot...it makes me wonder what's wrong with them.

Good quality smokes + correct RH + some "down time" in the humi = a nubber, most every time.... :thumbs:

Cheers - B.B.S.

I almost always go for the nub. Unless the stick gets genuinely nasty, I keep pushing it. But for milder smokes that are good, I usually let up with more left. If a stick just gets stronger and stronger, I keep riding the wave.

Wilkey

Me being the newb that I am, I tend to nub. Couple of reasons, sometimes I just can't tell if the cigar is telling me its done, or if its the complexities of the flavors. One thing is for sure I try to get every penny of my money worth! :) I am also trying to be cautious about how many I am smoking each week, and sometimes I just know its going to be a couple of days before I get another chance, so I better take that extra puff!

I usually always try to go for the nub unless it is a real bad smoke. After I start smoking I just enjoy it too much to end it, and I dont want to light up a lot of smokes. I guess the money issue of not wanting to waste a smoke. :D

Brandon

Its usually the nub for me too. Its a terrible sense of loss when I just can't get any more from it, like the end of a good back rub. Awwww, damn...